On Salvianus' table is an Imperial Officer's Helmet which, when coupled with his name and the fact that he wears Imperial Light Boots and wields an Imperial Sword, implies that he is a former officer in the Legion.
- "Their fires lit up the night, all across Lake Rumare, like stars come to earth. *sigh* It was beautiful, really."
- "They were golden, even when they were dead. But their blood was red. I knew it would be."
His reference to the medal he once had indicates that he was rewarded for his service in the Legion, but simultaneously, he wishes above all else to forget circumstances during which he earned the medal.
- "I had a medal. It had someone's face on it. I threw it away after. It didn't help."
- He explained it all to me, before, when I still understood. I don't remember, but, I still know.
- You don't think there's any hope, do you? I don't, he's right.
- I had a medal. It had someone's face on it. I threw it away after. It didn't help.
- I finally understand what it all means, what it was all for. The killing, then the dying.
- He'll tell you, just ask. You don't even need to ask, he'll tell you anyway.
- They were golden, even when they were dead. But their blood was red. I knew it would be.
- *sigh* It's hopeless. He told me. He's right, you know?
- Their fires lit up the night, all across Lake Rumare, like stars come to earth. *sigh* It was beautiful, really.
- When the Thalmor break in the area and start attacking everyone, he will scream in a fearful rage: "No, you can't be here! I've already killed you over and over again!".
- While uncomfirmed, it is likely that Salvianus suffers from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, a common affliction among war veterans.
- There is a chance that the "he" that Salvianus is referring to could be Sheogorath, the Daedric Prince of Madness. This would make sense, as Salvianus's quotes suggest that the Mad God might have visited him. "I finally understand what it all means" might refer to some revelation the Daedric Prince had shared with Salvianus.