Equipment and combatEdit
Upon locating him, he offers a drinking contest and a staff as a reward. By taking three drinks of his special ale, the Dragonborn blacks out, awakening again at the Temple of Dibella in Markarth. After cleaning up the mess made the night before and apologizing for causing a scene, the Dragonborn asks the priestess Senna, for clues about Sam's location. Her hints lead to Rorikstead. Following the clues eventually leads the Dragonborn to Morvunskar and a portal leading to Misty Grove. Upon entering the portal, Sam reveals himself as the Daedric Lord Sanguine. And, as promised, Sanguine offers the Sanguine Rose, a Daedric staff that allows a Dremora Lord to be summoned.
- "If you're looking for a challenge, you've come to the right place."
- "A few drinks, a few laughs, and a contest. What could be better?"
- "Maybe you just aren't up to the challenge."
- It was the developer's intention for his name to sound like Sanguine, when spoken quickly. Guevenne, however, has two additional vowel sounds.
- If the Dragonborn enters the portal as a werewolf, Sam will attack them using Storm Destruction Magic rather than his usual Conjuration Magic.
- He will be in the tavern nearest to where you were when you became level 14.
This section contains bugs related to Sam Guevenne. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Ysolda, a Nord in Whiterun. However, this also happens even if Ysolda is alive; Ysolda is flagged as essential before the completion of the quest. The Dragonborn might not black out after Sam says, "You don't look so good." It is suspected that this is caused by the death of
- When starting "The Night to Remember" quest, the objective will say "Talk to Sam Guenvere" instead of Guevenne.