|Sanguine Rose (Skyrim)|
| Base Damage:|
| Base Value:|
Summons a level-dependent Dremora to fight for the wielder for 60 seconds
|Upgrade Material: N/A|
The Sanguine Rose is a Daedric artifact of Lord Sanguine, received after completing "A Night to Remember" which requires a level of fourteen or above. Sanguine Rose is a magic staff resembling an off-scale flower adorned with thorns and the petals of a red tea rose.
The Rose summons either a Dremora Kynreeve, Dremora Caitiff, Dremora Kynmarcher, Dremora Valkynaz, or a Dremora Markynaz (depending on player level) to fight for the wielder for sixty seconds. Killing the Dremora that is summoned does not relinquish a Daedra heart, nor can the construct be Soul Trapped. Followers can wield and employ the Sanguine Rose. Unlike its Oblivion counterpart, the Dremora always fights for the Dragonborn. There is a chance it will only summon a leveled Daedra.
Attributes of summon
- Summoning a Dremora and using skills on it can be used to exploit level ups.
- Occasionally, the summoned Dremora drops a Daedric Greatsword of Scorching as the Dremora is killed or expires.
- Summoning a Dremora and then using the Wabbajack to change it into a rabbit, and then killing the rabbit may render a daedra heart.
- Does not always summon a Dremora in the Soul Cairn (Dawnguard), but consumes one charge per attempt.
- chest (such as in a home) for long periods of time, it is possible that it will no longer summon a Dremora. The sound effects can be heard but no Dremora will be summoned in the process. When left in a
- Having the perk "Elemental Potency" may cause the staff to malfunction.
- death animation displays while killing a conjured Dremora, it will remain headless the next time it is summoned. If a
- Unlocking the "Twin Souls" Conjuration perk may cause no Dremora to be summoned at all.
- werewolf form. The Sanguine Rose will occasionally stay equipped when a player enters
- enchantment level, it will only summon a Dremora Kynreeve. As enchantment levels increase, the strength of the Dremora may not until the Dremora Markynaz is summoned at higher levels, skipping the mid-level summonings altogether.
If the weapon is obtained at a relatively early
- Patch 1.5 resolved this issue.
- The Sanguine Rose may fall off weapon plaques in Proudspire Manor when entering the house.