| Base Value:|
Use in Smithing
|Type: Precious gem|
Sapphires are precious gems commonly found in Skyrim. They can be mined and pickpocketed. Sapphire, a member of the Thieves Guild, carries several of them. After obtaining sapphires, they can be used to smith various valuable rings and necklaces at forges. Sapphires come in three varieties; standard, flawless and exquisite.
- Olava's Token.
- The Mark of Dibella is a unique sapphire that has a value 0.
- Tythis Ulen's Sapphire.
- Sapphire's Exquisite Sapphire.
- Madesi, an Argonian jeweler in Riften, asks the Dragonborn to find two Flawless Sapphires for an amulet he is crafting (along with one piece of gold ore and one mammoth tusk). It does not matter whether these items are stolen or not.
(May depend on player's level and perks.)
- Thalmor Embassy.
- One may appear at Mzinchaleft in a chest.
- Flawless Sapphire may randomly be found in Frostflow Abyss.
- A Sapphire can be found on a dresser in the Stewards quarters, Mistveil Keep, in Riften.
- Two can be pickpocketed or looted from Sapphire.
- 1 Flawless Sapphire can be found on a bookshelf in the Inner Sanctum of the Temple of Dibella in Markarth. Both respawn after 7-14 in-game days (168 - 336 hours).
- Can be mined at a Sapphire Geode west of Saering's Watch.
- One Flawless Sapphire can be found at Korvanjund after you complete the quest The Jagged Crown for either the Stormcloaks or the Imperials. It is in a bowl above a bookcase left of the main throne (when looking at it.) You must have the shout Whirlwind Sprint to get to it once you have struggled up the rock face to the bowls left (when looking at it) and turn to the outcropping with the bowl resting on it. Or you can stand below the bowl and use unrelenting force to knock the gems out of it, though this strategy may make it hard to find the gems on the floor afterward. This requires the Unrelenting Force shout.
- Can be found as random loot on giants.
- If Dawnguard is installed, then a Flawless Sapphire can be found next to a skeleton to the left of the Inner Sanctum. This requires careful handling as the skeleton is located very close to the edge and they will fall off and into the valley if the wrong gem is picked up first.
- A Flawless Sapphire can randomly be found in the Forsaken Cave in a large burial chamber in a chest behind some fallen rubble.
- Getting the perk Prowler's Profit by completing the quest No Stone Unturned greatly increases the chance of finding Flawless Sapphires.
- There is only one place to get any Exquisite Sapphires - from Sapphire in the Thieves Guild, once Glover Mallory's letter is given to her. However the letter respawns, allowing the player to obtain multiple exquisite sapphires, despite them being supposedly unique.
- The ID of the Flawless version in the Console, is 00068523.
This section contains bugs related to Sapphire (Skyrim). Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- If put in a display case, it may disappear completely, causing the loss of the item.