Sceolang is a husky dog.
Sceolang, together with Bran, can be found around the dog pen inside Fort Dawnguard. Sceolang, just like Bran, wears red, leather armor akin to Dawnguard Armor and can be freely employed as a war dog. He levels with the Dragonborn from 10-25. The Dragonborn must complete the quest A New Order to have the option to make Sceolang a follower. The same is true for Bran.
How to findEdit
- Once you join Dawnguard, and complete a the quests above, you can find him and Bran near or in a pen. You can ask him,"Do you want to come and slay vampires with me?" and he will follow. This is the same with Bran.
- The name "Sceolang" is a reference to the Celtic Legends of Fionn mac Cumhaill, a Celtic hero who had two war hounds, Bran and Sceolang.
- In Hearthfire, Sceolang and Bran can be turned into pets if the player has children upon entering the property. They will ask if they can keep them, to which the player can agree when he is not using them.
- Sceolang may float through the roof of Fort Dawnguard when standing still for a while.
- Will ocassionally not respond to follower commands.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard (First appearance)
|Creatures and Enemies (The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard)|
|Named Creatures||Arvak • Bran • CuSith • The Forgemaster • Garmr • Naaslaarum • Sceolang • The Reaper • Voslaarum|
|Docile Creatures||Ancestor Moth • Armored Troll • Armored Frost Troll • Bone Hawk • Frost Giant |
Husky • Shellbug • Vale Deer • Soul Wisp
|Hostile Creatures|| Ancient Frost Atronach • Chaurus Hunter • Chaurus Hunter Fledgling • Death Hound |
Falmer Warmonger • Feral Falmer • Frozen Chaurus • Frozen Falmer • Gargoyle Brute
Gargoyle Sentinel • Legendary Dragon • Revered Dragon • Spriggan Earth Mother • Vale Sabre Cat
|Undead||Boneman • Keeper • Mistman • Wrathman • Nightlord Vampire • Nightmaster Vampire|