Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The scimitar typically cannot be purchased from a merchant or blacksmiths. However, there are several locations where one may be found:
- Kematu, and all Alik'r mercenaries encountered during the quest In My Time of Need, carry scimitars.
- Velehk Sain carries two. He can be found after interacting with the Daedric Relic.
- Carried by Corsairs on the Dainty Sload.
- Nazir, in the quest Destroy the Dark Brotherhood! Alternatively, it may be pickpocketed from him after joining the Dark Brotherhood.
- One under a boat between the Wreck of the Brinehammer and Dawnstar.
- Rayya carries two in the Hearthfire add-on.
- Inside the hull of the Wreck of the Strident Squall in the Dragonborn add-on.
- A unique version called Windshear can be found on the main deck of The Katariah, during or after the Dark Brotherhood quest Hail Sithis! It bears a unique enchantment that gives bash attacks a chance to knock the opponent down. It also staggers the target with every hit.
- Two unique variants called Bloodscythe and Soulrender can be found in Gyldenhul Barrow, a location in The Elder Scrolls V: Dragonborn. When dual-wielded together, they unleash a special enchantment.
- Hold Guards seem to have a certain fascination about the Alik'r and their weapons, expressing interest at their use of curved swords: "Did you see those warriors from Hammerfell? They've got curved swords. Curved. Swords."
This section contains bugs related to Scimitar. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- If the scimitar is the second weapon to be placed on a weapon rack or shield plaque, it will be in the correct alignment, but much higher up than the other weapon.
- Placing the scimitar first avoids this issue.