| Base Damage:|
| Base Value:|
|Class: One-Handed, Sword|
|Upgrade Material: Steel Ingot|
|Perk: Steel Smithing|
The scimitar typically cannot be purchased from a merchant or blacksmiths. However, there are several locations where one may be found:
- All Alik'r mercenaries and Kematu, encountered during the quest In My Time of Need, carry scimitars.
- Velehk Sain carries two. He can be found after interacting with the Daedric Relic.
- Carried by corsairs on the Dainty Sload.
- Nazir, in the quest Destroy the Dark Brotherhood!. It may be pickpocketed from him after joining the Dark Brotherhood.
- Under a boat between the Wreck of the Brinehammer and Dawnstar.
- Rayya carries two. This requires the Hearthfire add-on.
- Inside the hull of the Wreck of the Strident Squall in the Dragonborn add-on.
- A unique version called Windshear can be found on the main deck of The Katariah, during and after the Dark Brotherhood quest Hail Sithis!. It bears a unique enchantment that gives bash attacks a chance to knock the opponent down. It also staggers the target with every hit.
- Two unique variants called Bloodscythe and Soulrender can be found in The Elder Scrolls V: Dragonborn. When dual-wielded together, they unleash a special enchantment.
- Hold guards may comment on the Alik'r and their weapons, expressing surprise at their use of curved swords: "Did you see those warriors from Hammerfell? They've got curved swords. Curved. Swords."
- If the scimitar is the second weapon to be placed on a weapon rack or shield plaque, it will be in the correct alignment, but much higher up than the other weapon.
- Placing the scimitar first avoids this issue.