| Base Damage:|
| Base Value:|
|Class: One Handed, Sword|
|Upgrade Material: Steel Ingot|
|Perk: Steel Smithing|
The Scimitar typically cannot be bought from a merchant or blacksmith. However, there are several locations where it may be found:
- All Alik'r mercenaries and Kematu, encountered during the quest In My Time of Need, carry scimitars.
- Velehk Sain carries two. He can be found after interacting with the Daedric Relic.
- Carried by Corsairs on the Dainty Sload.
- Nazir, in the quest Destroy the Dark Brotherhood!. It may be pickpocketed from him after joining the Dark Brotherhood.
- Under a boat between the Wreck of the Brinehammer and Dawnstar.
- Rayya carries two. Requires the Hearthfire add-on.
- Inside the hull of the Wreck of the Strident Squall in the Dragonborn add-on.
A unique version called Windshear can be found on the main deck of The Katariah at the bow (the front of the ship), during the Dark Brotherhood quest, Hail Sithis. It bears a unique enchantment that gives bash attacks a chance to knock the opponent down. It also staggers the target with every hit.
- The scimitar has the same stats as a Skyforge Steel Sword.
- Hold guards may comment on the Alik'r and their weapons, expressing surprise at their use of curved swords: "Did you see those warriors from Hammerfell? They've got curved swords. Curved. Swords."
- In reality, the scimitar was a curved sword widespread throughout the Muslim world. Ornate parade versions are still used.
- The style of Scimitar presented in Skyrim is similar to that used by the Moors, the tribes who invaded Spain from North Africa. This style differs from the Persian shamshir and Indian tulwar scimitars in that it is wider at the top.
- The Scimitar present in the game bears a striking resemblance to that carried by the character Azeem in the 1991 movie Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves as seen here carried by actor Morgan Freeman.
- If the Scimitar is the second weapon to be placed on a weapon rack or shield plaque, it will be in the correct alignment, but much higher up than the other weapon.
- Solution: Place a scimitar first, then another weapon. This works because to activate this glitch, one needs to place a Scimitar second.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)