Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
It is better to wait until 7:00 or 8:00 in the morning when Ogmund leaves his house; in this way, there is much less a chance of being caught by him than if the player enters his house when he is at home. Note that there is also a Novice-level lock on his door that needs to be picked, either when sneaking and undetected, or with the Quick Hands Lockpicking perk. The Amulet is in a wood chest at the far end of his house.
Once the Amulet is in hand, exit the house and return to Ondolemar to obtain the reward.
- If the Stormcloaks seize Markarth as a result of the Civil War quest line or "Season Unending," this quest will automatically fail.
- Completion of this quest and a level fifty Speech skill both are required to ask Ondolemar in the quest "Diplomatic Immunity" to provide a distraction for the player.
- If completing this quest and then completing "Diplomatic Immunity," Ondolemar will treat the player with distain, though doing "Diplomatic Immunity" and then stealing Ogmund's amulet for Ondolemar will result in him treating the player character as a friend.
- In addition to granting Ondolemar's friendship, completing this quest also allows the Dragonborn to enter the Thalmor Headquarters without being flagged as trespassing. Items within the Headquarters can be freely taken and the beds are able to be slept in, whereas previously items could only be stolen and beds had the "(owned)" title.
- Although he is member of the Thalmor, and thus not technically a citizen of The Reach as he is only posted to the Understone Keep, helping Ondolemar via this quest counts towards helping citizens if working to becoming Thane of The Reach.