|Spells/Abilities||Fire Breath, Frost Breath|
|Soul Size||Dragon Soul|
Unlike other dragons, a serpentine dragon's head resembles that of a snake, hence its name. Furthermore, their skin is of a much smoother texture than that of other dragons and lacks visible scales, also similar to snakes. They have a profound underbite.
Notable Serpentine DragonsEdit
- Sahrotaar, one of Miraak's personal dragon mounts, is used by the Dragonborn to reach Miraak during the quest At the Summit of Apocrypha.
- Despite having an obviously different cranial structure from other dragons, the serpentine dragons leave behind the same skeleton as regular dragons upon death.
- Hrothmund's Barrow on Solstheim)
Sometimes when you try to kill a serpentine dragon, it doesn't die. It just keeps flying above you without a health meter. (personal experience at
- Fix: Use Bend Will on the dragon, it will try to land but then it crashes and dies.
- When in combat, a dragon soul will be absorbed even though the dragon is still alive and hostile. The same visual effects when a soul is absorbed will occur - including the dragon's flesh burning - leaving behind a (flying) skeletal dragon. It cannot be killed afterwards. Loading a previous save is the only known fix.