Unlike other dragons, a serpentine dragon's head resembles that of a snake, hence its name. Furthermore, their scales are much smoother and finer than those of other dragons and they have a pronounced underbite.
The combat is the same as that of other dragons. It attacks with both Fire Breath and Frost Breath, and the typical melee skills of the dragon include a tail and wing slams, along with biting at the Dragonborn.
- Sahrotaar, one of Miraak's personal dragon mounts, is used by the Dragonborn to reach Miraak during the quest At the Summit of Apocrypha.
- Despite having an obviously different cranial structure from other dragons, the serpentine dragons leave behind the same skeleton as regular dragons upon death.
This section contains bugs related to Serpentine Dragon. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- health meter.
Sometimes when you try to kill a serpentine dragon, it doesn't die. It just keeps flying above without a
- Solution: Use Bend Will on the dragon, it will try to land but instead it will crash and die.
- console may not give souls when killed. Serpentine dragons spawned using the
- When in combat, a dragon soul will be absorbed even though the dragon is still alive and hostile. The same visual effects when a soul is absorbed will occur - including the dragon's flesh burning - leaving behind a (flying) skeletal dragon. It cannot be killed afterwards. Loading a previous save is the only known fix.