Unlike other dragons, a serpentine dragon's head resembles that of a snake, hence its name. Furthermore, their scales are much smoother and finer than those of other dragons and they have a pronounced underbite.
The combat is the same as that of other dragons. It attacks with both Fire Breath and Frost Breath, and the typical melee skills of the dragon include a tail and wing slams, along with biting at the Dragonborn.
- Sahrotaar, one of Miraak's personal dragon mounts, is used by the Dragonborn to reach Miraak during the quest At the Summit of Apocrypha.
- Despite having an obviously different cranial structure from other dragons, the serpentine dragons leave behind the same skeleton as regular dragons upon death.
- Serpentine dragons greatly resemble Fell Beasts from J.R.R Tolkein's The Lord of the Rings.
- Serpentine dragons can only be found on Solstheim.
This section contains bugs related to Serpentine Dragon. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- health meter.
Sometimes, when trying to kill a serpentine dragon, it does not die. Instead, it will continue to fly above without a
- Solution: Use Bend Will on the dragon, it will try to land but instead it will crash and die.
- console may not give souls when killed. Serpentine dragons spawned using the
- When in combat, a dragon soul will be absorbed even though the dragon is still alive and hostile. The same visual effects when a soul is absorbed will occur—including the dragon's flesh burning—leaving behind a flying skeletal dragon. It cannot be killed afterwards. Loading a previous save is the only known fix.