|Location||North of Solitude|
Shadowgreen Cavern is a cave located in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
There is a path circling up to the top the giant rock in the center of the cave with some Spriggans and Cave Bears guarding a chest containing Noster's Helmet (if you are on the retrieval quest) and some random loot.
After the little dip in the landscape, fight a Spriggan who enlists the aid of a Cave Bear to help her fight. There is a Spriggan Matron or several Spriggan Earth Mothers (Dawnguard), and another Spriggan. After finishing them, just a little beyond before the spiral path, there is a Corundum Ore vein on the right.
Behind the chest with Noster's Helmet in it, there is a path extending over a gorge. Down and to the right of this path is a protrusion of land with another chest (expert) covered by plants. To reach the chest use the Whirlwind Sprint shout from the top of the hill (can actually be reached without it). After looting it, carefully move along the ledge until near the edge where the pond below is visible.
There is a ledge under this land protrusion with a skeleton that has a coin purse and helmet near him. Use the Whirlwind Sprint shout once again to reach the water without dying. To the left of the path there is an easily accessed chest, and directly below that a piece of land with a Moonstone Ore deposit. To get to the area with the Moonstone Ore deposit, you have to drop down.
- Meridia's Beacon (chance of it being located here)
- Noster's Helmet (chance of it being located here)
- Moonstone Ore Vein, reached by crossing the arch at the top of the spire and dropping down to it. A skeleton with items lies next to it
- Corundum Ore Vein
- Random levelled war axe embedded in the tree trunk directly to the left after entering the cave
- Various alchemy ingredients; Blue Butterfly Wing, Taproot, Bear Claws, Red Mountain Flower, Blue Mountain Flower, Purple Mountain Flower Mora Tapinella, Glowing Mushroom, Nirnroot etc
- Three Chests - Chest (Locked: Apprentice) - Chest (Locked: Adept) - Chest (Locked: Expert. Hidden) - See below.
- Random levelled Greatsword and Shield (at the bottom of the small, steaming pond with the mammoth remains in it)
- There is also a Coin Purse at the bottom of the pond as well as a Potion of Healing
- Random loot (including a precious stone or jewellery) in a chest near where the first Wolf was encountered (it is also possible to climb onto the ledge behind this chest to sneak up to the next 2 wolves and gain access to more alchemy ingredients)
- Chest on the island at the top of the spire with random loot and a random spell tome with random potions and a random levelled mace in front of the chest
- Another random loot chest over the stone bridge on top of the spire
- An expert-locked chest on a ledge to the right of the stone bridge (you need Whirlwind Sprint to reach it). The chest contains random loot and a levelled weapon with a random enchantment (you may also need the Become Ethereal shout to be able to jump off the ledge without dying)
Location of ChestsEdit
- The first chest (apprentice) is buried in a tree stump on a ledge above the stream source to the East.
- The second chest is on the island at top of spire.
- The third chest on a ledge is accessible by the stone bridge. After retrieving the contents, and if you're feeling daring, it is possible to jump from this ledge into the water far below and not die.
- The fourth chest (Expert) is on a ledge due North from the small island at the top of the spire. Reachable by using Whirlwind Sprint to leap across the chasm gap, taking some damage hitting the cliff wall.
- This cave is one of the locations that Meridia's Beacon can be hidden in.
- Trees grow in this cave for no other reason than a bit of sunlight and water sources (rivers) within the caves.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)