Shellbugs cannot be killed by any conventional means, however, they can be mined for Shellbug Chitin and sometimes a random gem. After three pieces of chitin have been mined, the Shellbug dies. The chitin can be used to make a Shellbug Helmet.
Forgotten Vale CaveEdit
Behind a hidden door that can be accessed by pulling a rope found at the top of a ramp in the main chamber.
A small gap in the wall near the top of the spiral slope, under three Giant Mushrooms leads to the Shellbug.
- If mining is stopped before collecting more than two pieces of chitin, the Shellbug does not die. They also respawn, so three may be collected from each Shellbug every ten days of in-game time.
- They are stationary and do not have any other interactions besides being mined.
- Like ore veins, it is possible to get gems when mining. Shellbugs also emit the "This ore vein is depleted." message.
- Shellbugs cannot be detected using spells such as Detect Life or Aura Whisper.
This section contains bugs related to Shellbug. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- ore vein-type objects. Sometimes, the Shellbug's body may not be interactive and the option to mine does not appear. Solves itself when ten to thirty in-game days pass, as with all
|Creatures and Enemies (The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard)|
|Named Creatures||Arvak • Bran • CuSith • The Forgemaster • Garmr • Naaslaarum • Sceolang • The Reaper • Voslaarum|
|Docile Creatures||Ancestor Moth • Armored Troll • Armored Frost Troll • Bone Hawk • Frost Giant |
Husky • Shellbug • Vale Deer • Soul Wisp
|Hostile Creatures|| Ancient Frost Atronach • Chaurus Hunter • Chaurus Hunter Fledgling • Death Hound |
Falmer Warmonger • Feral Falmer • Frozen Chaurus • Frozen Falmer • Gargoyle (Brute • Sentinel)
Legendary Dragon • Revered Dragon • Spriggan Earth Mother • Vale Sabre Cat
|Undead||Boneman • Keeper • Mistman • Wrathman • Nightlord Vampire • Nightmaster Vampire|