Sprinting with a shield raised knocks down most targets.
Disarming Bash or Block Runner
Shield Charge is one of the nine Perks of Block in Skyrim. Requiring Block level 100 and four preceding perks (Shield Wall, Power Bash, Deadly Bash and Disarming Bash or Shield Wall, Deflect Arrows, Elemental Protection and Block Runner), this perk allows the Dragonborn to sprint, shield raised. While shield charging, enemies are "knocked down" or sent flying through the air. This makes it useful for players who don't want to complete the main storyline to unlock Unrelenting Force.
Sprinting with a shield raised turns the Dragonborn into an unstoppable wall of power, causing all humanoid beings (i.e. Imperials, Draugr, Dremora) and other creatures such as Trolls in the charge's path to be sent flying, eventually landing sprawled out on the ground. Multiple entities can be hit with one charge. Once on the ground, the target (unless killed by the charge) will attempt to begin the lengthy process of standing up again, giving the charger the opportunity to get numerous hits without the risk of taking damage. Targets sent flying over cliffs or the like will typically be killed upon impact with the ground.
- Block level of 100
- There is a glitch present after an unknown amount of time, the Shield Charge has no effect. (All Platforms - Confirmed)
- To fix this you can remove perk through console and then add it again:
- 1. player.removeperk 58F6A
- 2. player.addperk 58F6A
- There is also an exploit with this perk. Crouch, raise your shield, press forward and then the sprint button. Even after your stamina has depleted you should still keep sprinting allowing you to travel by foot a lot faster. (tried on PS3 multiple times)
- It is possible to perform shield charge without having a shield equipped. To do that just repeatly press block with your weapon equipped when sprinting at your enemy.
- Also a bug involving sneaking and shield charging, after depleting your stamina while doing so and continuing to run, anything the player touches is knocked back as if shield charge were activated. Doing finishing animations with melee will be impossible, and the enemy knocked back mid-animation will become invincible. [Xbox 360 - unconfirmed]
- There is a delay between the actual hitting of the charge's target and the "banging" sound associated with said hitting, leaving the player uncertain as to whether the charge connected or not for a brief period of time due to the shiled taking up most of the field of view (when playing in in first person).
- If ragdolled while sheildcharging than when you get up you will constantly be "charging" in first person. This does consume stamina but never stops unless you do an action that would force your arms to move .(like jump, fall, block, equip a weapon, use a workbench, etc.) This stops while in third person allowing one to go to third person and attack (not block) then switch to first person and walk into someone to send them flying. Was able to recreate multiple times against Red Eagle when he uses Unrelenting Force. (Xbox 360)