|Shield of Solitude (Level 40+)|
Increases magic resistance by 30%
Blocks 35% more damage
|Class: Heavy Armor, Shield|
|Upgrade Material: N/A|
The Shield of Solitude is a unique, leveled Solitude Guard's Shield found in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. It grants magic resistance that scale from 10% (level 1-17) to 30% (level 40+). It also increases the blocked damage from 15% (level 1-17) to 35% (level 40+)
Equipping this shield grants the following skill bonuses, however the magnitude is based on level:
This shield can be disenchanted to learn a more powerful version of "Resist Magic" on the enchantment list. At level 100 Enchanting, it can provide a 25% resistance that can also be stacked with the original Resist Magic enchantment of 20%, if the Extra Effect perk has been unlocked.
The damage, weight, value as well as the magnitude of the enchantment are based on the Dragonborn's level. The best possible version is available at level 40.
|1-17||26||12||555||"Increases Magic Resistance by 10%. Block 15% more damage with your shield."||0009E023|
|18-24||27||12||791||"Increases Magic Resistance by 15%. Block 20% more damage with your shield."||0010EB62|
|25-31||28||12||1036||"Increases Magic Resistance by 20%. Block 25% more damage with your shield."||0010EB64|
|32-39||30||12||1036||"Increases Magic Resistance by 20%. Block 25% more damage with your shield." †||000F8316|
|40+||32||12||1504||"Increases Magic Resistance by 30%. Block 35% more damage with your shield."||0010EB65|
† The level 32-39 version has the same magnitude of enchantment as the level 25-31, instead of being 5 points higher that it should be.
- Its stats are somewhat similar to the Shield of Ysgramor.
- When using it in first person if you move (to confirm, maybe only when moving forward) the Shield will "turn around" 180 degrees, making the front visible.
- It can be worn with a bow, but this will lead to a terrible error where when you remove the Shield you will stand like if using punches, even though you are still using the bow. You also won't be able to attack and if you remove the bow you will stand forever in the punch fighting stance without being able to attack or change weapons. It can be fixed by loading a previous save.
- It can be worn simultaneously with another shield, but it's better not to do it as it may (unconfirmed) do the same error as the bug listed above.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)