|Shield of Solitude (Level 40+)|
Increases magic resistance by 30%
Blocks 35% more damage
|Class: Heavy Armor, Shield|
|Upgrade Material: N/A|
The Shield of Solitude is a unique, leveled Solitude Guard's Shield found in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. It grants magic resistance that scale from 10% (level 1-17) to 30% (level 40+). It also increases the blocked damage from 15% (level 1-17) to 35% (level 40+)
Equipping this shield grants the following skill bonuses, however the magnitude is based on level:
This shield is one of the few unique shields that can be disenchanted to learn a more powerful version of "Resist Magic" on the enchantment list. At level 100 enchanting, it can provide a 25% resistance that can also be stacked with the original Resist Magic enchantment of 20%, if the Extra Effect perk has been unlocked. (The original fortify block effect is seperate, however and won't be with the 45% magic resistance.)
The armor, weight, value, and magnitude of the enchantment are based on the Dragonborn's level. The best possible version is available at level 40.
|1-17||26||12||555||"Increases Magic Resistance by 10%. Block 15% more damage with your shield."||0009E023|
|18-24||27||12||791||"Increases Magic Resistance by 15%. Block 20% more damage with your shield."||0010EB62|
|25-31||28||12||1036||"Increases Magic Resistance by 20%. Block 25% more damage with your shield."||0010EB64|
|32-39||30||12||1036||"Increases Magic Resistance by 20%. Block 25% more damage with your shield." †||000F8316|
|40+||32||12||1504||"Increases Magic Resistance by 30%. Block 35% more damage with your shield."||0010EB65|
† The level 32-39 version has the same magnitude of enchantment as the level 25-31, instead of being 5 points higher that it should be.
- Its stats are somewhat similar to the Shield of Ysgramor.
This section contains bugs related to Shield of Solitude. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- When wielding it in first person view, when moving forward, the shield will "turn around" 180 degrees, making the front visible.
- It can be worn with a bow, but this will lead to a terrible error where removing the shield will cause the Dragonborn to stand as though using bare hands, even though the bow is still equipped. This makes it impossible to attack, and if the bow is removed, the Dragonborn will stand forever in the punch fighting stance without being able to attack or change weapons.
- It can be fixed by loading a previous save.
- It can be worn simultaneously with another shield, but it may result in the same error as the bug listed above.