|Location||Northeast of Whiterun|
Shimmermist Cave is a cave located in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
Shimmermist cave is a simple linear cave system consisting of three main rooms. It is part of a larger cave system like many other Falmer caves. In parts of the cave, the ceiling is covered with blue and white glowing deposits.
The first area has a rock bridge over a pool of water with a small waterfall. A ramp leads down into the water, but there is nothing of interest there. A leveled creature prowls the area, such as a Skeever or Frostbite Spider. Further down the tunnel is a larger chamber with a sole Falmer as a lookout on the second level. There is a trip wire to a claw trap at the entrance to deal with.
Below is a small alcove with dead bandits. To the left is a chest and tent on the way up to the upper level where the Falmer is. There is a rock with Falmer weapons, helmets and chaurus eggs on the northern edge of the upper level. The final chamber has another Falmer and one Dwarven Centurion. There is a chest just to the left of the tunnel to Shimmermist Grotto.
- Chests in second and third chamber, with leveled loot.
- Large amounts of Alchemical Ingredients.
- Possible location in the Family Heirloom quest.
- Possible location of Companions quests Rescue Mission and Trouble in Skyrim
- The Falmer and Dwarven Centurion in the Shimmermist Grotto and all the Falmers, Chaurus and loot will respawn, but the mushrooms may not respawn.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)