Speak to Shobob to find out what is required to summon Malacath. Then, Malacath will talk about an indignity done to him: a nearby noble has captured several of Malacath's "servants," ogres, and enslaved them. Malacath finds this distasteful, as only he is allowed to have ogres as slaves, and tasks the Hero to free them.
"You dare come here to the shrine of our lord? You are not one of us."
- Shrine of Malacath "You're not one of Malacath's favorite people. He likes Orcs. Too bad for you. So you approach His shrine at your own risk."
- I will approach the shrine. "The go on and do your approaching. But Malacath wants a present. He likes Troll fat. And he likes only Troll fat."
- I will not approach the shrine. "Afraid He might mess up that pretty face? Good thinking."
(If approached again)
"You've been told what you have to do."
(After leaving an offering)
"Malacath must think you're okay. Congratulations. You must be as ugly and disgusting as the rest of us."
- Lord Drad "Drad's a fancy pants who lives in a pretty house with a pretty wife because he screws over folks like you and me. He makes us puke."
- Ogre Slaves "Lord Malacath doesn't want the little brothers locked up, working like donkeys so men don't get their pretty pink hands all dirty. Makes Him mad."
(After obtaining Volendrung)
"Malacath likes you. You don't look very foul or ugly... but just keep doing ugly stuff, and you'll be fine."