|Location||North of Riften|
Shor's Watchtower is a fortification in the Rift.
Shor's Watchtower is to the north-east along the path of Shor's Stone. The four guards posted here have all been killed. If the dragonborn has sided with the Stormcloaks in the Skyrim civil war, the dead guards will be Riften Guards. If the Imperials have been sided with, it will be Imperial soldiers. The cause of their deaths is assumed to be a band of Imperial Legion soldiers or Stormcloak Soldiers (depending on the side the dragonborn has chosen), as stated in the letter on the ground level of the watchtower. The following letter is in the scenario where the Dragonborn has sided with the stormcloaks:
- We've word of a band of Legion soldiers advancing on your position. Reinforcements are on the way. Talos guard you.
If the Imperial Legion takes control of the Rift as part of the Civil War or the Season Unending quest, dead Imperial soldiers will appear instead of Riften guards. The letter will also have different, but similar contents:
- Lieutenant Armiger,
- Our scouts report a band of rebels advancing on your position. Be on guard. Reinforcements are on the way.
Although the letters are addressed to a named character, none of the bodies originally found at the scene will have individual names and will all have the generic title of "Imperial Soldier"/ "Rift Guard."
If the slain guards shown are Imperials, then one of the dead soldiers will be female- one of the only female Imperial soldiers in the game with no distinct name.
- The dead guards and other items respawn every week or so.
- If the Rift has been taken, or given, to the Imperials, a female legionnaire may be found among the dead. This is rare as almost no female foot soldiers are seen in the Imperial Legion.
This section contains bugs related to Shor's Watchtower. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Sometimes the letter on the first floor of the tower is unreadable. Saving, then loading, should fix this. It may also be on the table, but if the Dragonborn looks at the floor, they may be able to read it.
- Sometimes, all four soldiers will be standing and swaying as if they're still alive. But their "corpses" can still be looted just like normal.