|Location||North of Riften|
Shor's Watchtower is a fortification in the Rift.
Shor's Watchtower is to the north-east of Shor's Stone. The four Riften guards here are all dead. The cause of their deaths is assumed to be a band of Imperial Legion soldiers, as stated in the letter on the ground level of the watchtower:
- We've word of a band of Legion soldiers advancing on your position. Reinforcements are on the way. Talos guard you.
If the Imperial Legion takes control of the Rift as part of the Civil War or the Season Unending quest, Imperial soldiers will appear instead of Riften guards. The letter will also have different contents:
- Lieutenant Armiger,
- Our scouts report a band of rebels advancing on your position. Be on guard. Reinforcements are on the way.
- The dead guards and other items respawn every week or so.
- If the Rift has been taken, or given, to the Imperials, a female legionnaire may be found among the dead. This is rare as almost no female foot soldiers are seen in the Imperial Legion.
This section contains bugs related to Shor's Watchtower. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Sometimes the letter on the first floor of the tower is unreadable. Saving, then loading, should fix this. It may also be on the table, but if the Dragonborn looks at the floor, they may be able to read it.
- Sometimes, all four soldiers are standing and swaying as if they're still alive. But their "corpses" can still be looted just like normal.