|Shrine of Talos|
|Blessing||Reduce time between shouts by 20%|
Activating the shrine confers the Blessing of Talos for a duration of eight hours.
- Reduces cool-down time between shouts by 20%.
- Cures all diseases (except late active stages of vampirism/lycanthropy).
Only one blessing (effect) can be active at one time. Praying at a different shrine will remove this effect.
- Note: all shrines also require a shrine base:
Location: In the Temple of the Divines in Solitude. It is one of the eight or nine shrines available there. However, the Shrine of Talos is only present after the Civil War is over and if the Dragonborn sided with the Stormcloaks.
Location: In the Temple of Talos in Windhelm.
Location: In Whiterun's Wind District, at the bottom of the stairs leading up to Dragonsreach. Heimskr can be seen preaching in front of the shrine. Jorrvaskr, the mead hall of the Companions, Gildergreen tree, Temple of Kynareth, House Gray-Mane, and Hall of the Dead are all relatively close by.
Location: On the shore of a small lake directly south of Gallows Rock.
Location: Just over the river from Windhelm, on a cliff overlooking the river and city. To reach it, walk on the south path towards Morvunskar, then turn onto a rough path on the left where the slope of the cliff begins.
Notable items: Thalmor Wizard equipment
Location: Up the mountain from Froki's Shack.
Location: Northeast of Ysgramor's Tomb.
- In Fort Sungard, if the Stormcloaks control the fort.
- A shrine is located inside Fellglow Keep, in the first room coming from the Fellglow Keep Dungeons with the Novice Conjurer and Apprentice Storm Mage. The shrine has fallen over and is laying facing upward on a pile of rubble. No blessing can be received from it. (Instead, the blessing can be activated via the Talos symbol laying on the broken table with a large stone on top, directly across from the statue.)
- These shrines often contain offerings to Talos including medium level weapons and armors most often Imperial gear, steel or steel plate. It can be beneficial for a low-level character to seek out these shrines, taking the offerings for better armor and weapons or to make some gold.
- The plethora of offerings at the shrines outside of the cities in Skyrim implies that many people are still worshipping Talos, but taking precautions so as to not be caught by Thalmor Justiciars.
- Random encounter locations are near several of the shrines. This can sometimes lead to Thalmor Justicars attacking the Dragonborn for being a Talos worshipper.
- The large number of shrines might be due to the banning of the worship of Talos, forcing his worshippers into secluded areas.
This section contains bugs related to Shrine of Talos. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- The description for the Blessing of Talos reads "Time between shouts is reduced 0%." This is due to the game using the decimal form of 20%, which is 0.2. That 0.2 rounds down in the description to 0, making it appear as if the blessing has no effect, even though it does properly assign the bonus. There is no current fix for this and having this bug once will ensure having it for the duration of the game.
- follower during "The Forsworn Conspiracy" quest may permanently make the follower stuck at the temple. If married to the follower, it may be impossible to get them out of the temple. Even after finishing the next quest ("No One Escapes Cidhna Mine"), the follower is still stuck. Also, waiting an entire month does not fix it nor will telling the follower to go home. No fixes have been confirmed at this point so it is not recommended to have a follower during this quest. Bringing a
- Cidhna Mine. There doesn't seem to be a way to fix this and even after waiting days or weeks the guards will not leave the Shrine. After the completion of "The Forsworn Conspiracy" and "No One Escapes Cidhna Mine" the Dragonborn may still be confronted by the corrupt guards upon entering the Shrine of Talos who will reenter the dialogue to arrest them and take them to the
- Unable to craft a shrine even with multiple amulets due to it being a quest item. New amulets collected after getting Hearthfire have been known to work.
| Animal Allegiance • Aura Whisper • Become Ethereal • Call Dragon • Call of Valor • Clear Skies • Disarm • Dismay |
Dragonrend • Elemental Fury • Fire Breath • Frost Breath • Ice Form • Kyne's Peace • Marked for Death • Slow Time
Storm Call • Throw Voice • Unrelenting Force • Whirlwind Sprint
|Drain Vitality • Soul Tear • Summon Durnehviir|
|Battle Fury • Bend Will • Cyclone • Dragon Aspect|
|Amulet of Talos • Dragon Alphabet • Dragon Language • Shrine of Talos • Tongues • Word Wall|