|Shrine of Talos|
|Blessing||Reduce time between Shouts by 20%|
Activating the shrine confers the Blessing of Talos for a duration of eight hours.
- Reduces cooldown time between Shouts by 20%.
- Cures all diseases.
Only one blessing (effect) can be active at one time. Praying at a different shrine will remove this effect.
This shrine can be crafted for a homestead as part of The Elder Scrolls V: Hearthfire. It requires the following components:
Location: In the Temple of the Divines in Solitude. It is one of the eight or nine shrines available there.
Talos By The Lake
Location: On the shore of a small lake directly south of Gallows Rock.Notable loot:
Location: Just over the river from Windhelm, on a cliff overlooking the river and city. To reach it, you need to walk on the south path towards Morvunskar and then turn onto a rough path on the left where the cliff's slope begins.
Location: At Weynon Stones, southeast of Fort Dunstad.Notable loot:
- A shrine is located outside the entrance to the Thieves Guild. Nura Snow-Shod can be found in front of the shrine.
- A shrine is located in Whiterun, just at the base of the stairs leading up to Dragonsreach.
- A shrine can be found on a small peninsula to the west of Whiterun.
- A shrine can be found in Bloated Man's Grotto (At the far west end of the mountain range, west of Riverwood).
- A shrine can be found northeast of Ysgramor's Tomb. In front can be found the dead body of Ilas-Tei, an Argonian apprentice mage who was practicing spells on skeevers, apparently without success. To the right of the shrine is a Nirnroot.
- On a small island west of The College of Winterhold (same location as Velehk Sain's Treasure.)
- There is a shrine hidden just south of the Tower Stone and east of Hob's Fall Cave. This shrine is a random encounter location.
- There is another shrine due east of the Tower Stone on an island.
- In the snowy mountain above Froki's Shack , east of Autumnwatch Tower . This is also a location for the unique Imperial Helmet (Spartan Variant).
- A shrine is located inside Fellglow Keep, in the first room coming from the Fellglow Keep Dungeons with the Novice Conjurer and Apprentice Storm Mage. The shrine has fallen over and is laying facing upward on a pile of rubble. No blessing can be received from it.
- These shrines often contain offerings to Talos including medium level weapons and armors most often Imperial gear, Steel or Steel Plate. It can be beneficial for a low-level character to seek out these shrines, take the offerings for better armor and weapons or to make some quick gold.
- The plethora of offerings at the shrines outside of the cities in Skyrim implies that many people are still worshiping Talos, but taking precautions as to not be caught by Thalmor Justiciars.
- Near several of the shrines are random encounter locations. This can sometimes lead to Thalmor Justicars attacking the player for being a Talos worshiper.
- The enormous number of the Shrines might be due to the banning of the worship of Talos, therefore worshiping Talos in a fairly remote area.
- The description for the Blessing of Talos reads "Time between shouts is reduced 0%." This is due to the game using the decimal form of 20%, which is 0.2. That 0.2 rounds down in the description to 0, making it appear as if the blessing has no effect, even though it does properly assign the bonus. There is no current fix for this and having this bug once will ensure you have it for the duration of the game.
- The Forsworn Conspiracy quest may permanently make the follower stuck at the temple. If you are married to the follower, it may be impossible to get them out of the temple. Even after finishing the next quest (No One Escapes Cidhna Mine), the follower is still stuck. Also, waiting an entire month does not fix it nor will telling the follower to go home. No fixes have been confirmed at this point and it is not recommended to have a follower during this quest. Bringing a follower during
- The Forsworn Conspiracy and No One Escapes Cidhna Mine you may still be confronted by the corrupt guards upon entering the Shrine of Talos who will reenter the dialogue to arrest you and take the player to Cidhna Mine. There doesn't seem to be a way to fix this and even after waiting days or weeks the guards will not leave the Shrine. If you have finished all the quests involving the Shrine of Talos the simple solution is to just never enter the Shrine again, if not you will have to reload a previous save from before The Forsworn Conspiracy when the guards weren't inside otherwise there is nothing that you can currently do. After the completion of
| Animal Allegiance • Aura Whisper • Become Ethereal • Call Dragon • Call of Valor • Clear Skies • Disarm • Dismay |
Dragonrend • Elemental Fury • Fire Breath • Frost Breath • Ice Form • Kyne's Peace • Marked For Death • Slow Time
Storm Call • Throw Voice • Unrelenting Force • Whirlwind Sprint
|Drain Vitality • Soul Tear • Summon Durnehviir|
|Battle Fury • Bend Will • Cyclone • Dragon Aspect|
|Amulet of Talos • Dragon Alphabet • Dragon Language • Shrine of Talos • Tongues • Word Wall|