This unmarked location is near two other locations: Trius' Camp to the south and Pilgrim's Trench to the southwest. The path to the shrine is behind the statue of Talos. A satchel, a leveled weapon, and a skill book are located here.
Velehk Sain is a Dremora bound to a Daedric Relic in The Midden beneath the College of Winterhold. If the decision is made to release him, he will provide a map to his treasure. The treasure will not appear until he has been encountered, nor will it appear if he is killed instead of freed.
The map is very misleading. Once at water level, head directly west from the College of Winterhold to a rather flat peninsula that appears to have a path going up it. Walking to either side all the way around the peninsula will reveal a large statue of Talos, and below that on the ground should be the treasure. The peninsula is just southwest of Ysgramor's Tomb. Another way to find the treasure is to stand by the beached rowboat at Pilgrim's Trench and look southeast.
|Contents of the treasure (randomized)|
|Surrounding the chest||In the chest||Velehk Sain's Locker (randomized)|
This section contains bugs related to Shrine of Talos: Sea of Ghosts. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Snowy Sabre Cat might spawn nearby, run up and tackle all the booty, making all of it, except the chest, fall through the ground. A
- If Velehk Sain is killed during his dialogue the treasure may not appear, even if the map is in possession.
- If the Dragonborn dies after freeing Velehk Sain and before retrieving the treasure, the quest to get the treasure will leave.
- Sometimes even when you have the map and you have released Velehk Sain the treasure will not appear.
- It is possible to acquire both Velehk Sain's Treasure and all of his available item's. By using The Staff of Paralysis (or spell possibly) and the Wabbajack to immobilize him and keep him from reentering oblivion. As soon as the map is given, paralyze then wabbajack then paralyze again.