|Shroud Hearth Barrow|
|Sublocations||Shroud Hearth Depths|
Unmasked Dragon Priest
Shroud Hearth Barrow is an ancient Nordic tomb located just outside of the town of Ivarstead.
- The Illusion skill book Before the Ages of Man can be found opposite from the levers in the first room.
The writing on the Dragon Wall transcribes to this:
- HET NOK KOPRaaN DO HELG
- FahDON Wah Pah SIVaaS
- aaR DO KaaN aaL REK SiiV UNahZaaL
- PRaaN KO FeyKRO DO HahNU
- Here lies the body of Helg,
- friend to all beasts,
- servant of Kyne, may she find eternal
- rest in the forest of dreams.
This section contains bugs related to Shroud Hearth Barrow. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Innocence Lost, sleeping in Shroud Hearth Barrow after killing Wyndelius Gatharian will cause the Dragonborn to be transported to an abandoned shack. As a result, the area is reset and provides no way to reach the word of power. If the Dragonborn has completed
- After reaching the drawbridge room and learning the correct sequence for the pillars, they may not activate. This can happen if the Dragonborn uses Whirlwind Sprint to jump to the other side of the drawbridge before it is lowered. A fix is to load from a previous save point.
If the "Sapphire Claw" door is not opening, entering the code: Owl-Owl-Owl, and then the correct code, should cause the door to open. If this still does not work then there is no known way to get by this bug.
- Another fix is to reload from a previous save point. Then, when arriving at the door, changing the top one once and the bottom one twice may cause to door to open.
- Before the Ages of Man lies on a pedestal in front of several draugr coffins, it is possible that the draugr will stay in their coffins and not attack the Dragonborn as they should. This can be fixed by using Unrelenting Force on the coffins. The draugr will break free afterward, allowing the Dragonborn to attack and loot them. Upon reaching the room where a copy of
- It is possible to get trapped in the barrow by activating the first switch on the left then whirlwind sprinting out. This will make it impossible to enter the room again or exit the barrow.
- Sometimes, after turning in the journal and receiving the Sapphire Claw, it is impossible to re-enter the dungeon due to the game crashing. The only fix to this is, before leaving with the journal, to use the player.additem command to put the Sapphire Dragon Claw into inventory, clear the dungeon, then turn in the journal. To add the claw manually, the command 'help "Sapphire Dragon Claw"' will give the item id. Once that is obtained, the command 'player.additem id 1' can be used.
- If one of the draugr is raised in the 'trap room' as a zombie, the boss level draugr will not exit his coffin until the zombie is dead