Bows do 20% more damage
|Class: Light Armor, Hood|
|Upgrade Material: Leather|
|Perk: Arcane Blacksmith|
- A full set of Shrouded Armor (including the Shrouded Cowl) can be found in the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary after completing the quest "With Friends Like These...".
- In the quest "The Cure for Madness", the Sanctuary Guardians each wear a set of this armor (some wear a Shrouded Cowl). Killing them will cause them to disappear, but they can be pickpocketed with the perk Perfect Touch.
- In the quest "Where You Hang Your Enemy's Head", buy the Master Bedroom upgrade and there will be a full set of Shrouded Armor (including the Shrouded Cowl) on a mannequin in the room.
- Alternatively, a few Shrouded Cowls can be obtained during the quest "Destroy the Dark Brotherhood!", as they can be looted from the bodies of the dead assassins.
The Shrouded Cowl can be upgraded at a workbench with Leather and the Arcane Blacksmith perk, however it does not benefit from any Smithing perks. This means the armor cannot be improved past flawless quality without boosting the Smithing skill over 100. This can be achieved by using enchanted items and/or blacksmithing potions to fortify Smithing.
Wearing this piece of armor grants the following skill bonuses:
- Fortify Archery: 20 points.
- There is a worn shrouded cowl that can be picked up during the quest to find Cicero in the second sanctuary that has no enchantments. It can be enchanted but it can not be improved through smithing and counts as a light armor helmet.
- The Shrouded Cowl cannot be disenchanted.
- The mask part of the shrouded cowl only appears for female characters. While on male characters, the mask does not show.
This section contains bugs related to Shrouded Cowl. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following: