- A full set of Shrouded Armor (including the Shrouded Gloves) can be found in the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary after completing the quest "With Friends Like These...".
- In the quest "The Cure for Madness", the Sanctuary Guardians each wear a set of this armor. Killing them will cause them to disappear, but they can be pickpocketed with the perk Perfect Touch.
- In the quest "Where You Hang Your Enemy's Head"; if the Master Bedroom upgrade is bought, there will be a full set of Shrouded Armor on a mannequin in the room.
- Alternatively, a few pairs of Shrouded Gloves can be obtained during the quest "Destroy the Dark Brotherhood!", as they can be looted from the bodies of the dead assassins.
The Shrouded Gloves can be upgraded at a workbench with Leather and the Arcane Blacksmith perk, however they do not benefit from any Smithing perks. This means the armor cannot be improved past flawless quality without boosting the Smithing skill over 100. This can be achieved by using enchanted items and/or blacksmithing potions to fortify Smithing.
Wearing this piece of armor grants the following skill bonuses:
- Double damage to backstab attacks
The Shrouded Gloves cannot be disenchanted.
- The "double backstab damage" enchantment from these gloves stacks with the "x15 backstab damage with daggers" effect acquired from the "Assassin's Blade" perk from the Sneak skill tree, making a total of x30 damage if using a Dagger. This is incredibly useful for stealth-based characters, since the resulting damage multiplier with a decent dagger instantly kills many enemies in one hit, especially at lower levels.