|Location||Located southwest of Winterhold|
|Sublocations||Temple of Xrib|
Sightless Pit is a cave located in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
The entrance to Sightless Pit is a straight drop down, meaning that once the Dragonborn enters the only way out of the cave is to go forward.
An abandoned camp and a number of dead bandits early on in the cave warn them of a potential threat. Sightless Pit is inhabited by the Falmer, Chaurus, and their accompanying Frostbite Spiders, likely making it a very dangerous encounter for low to mid-level players, especially without the means of escape.
The cave gradually transitions into a Dwemer ruin complete with a number of traps, which eventually leads to the Temple of Xrib, a fairly large Falmer settlement.
- Pickpocket skill book - Aevar Stone-Singer - The Sightless Pit
- Conjuration skill book - The Doors of Oblivion - After exiting this dungeon through the Abandoned Cave, the Altar of Xrib can be found by heading up the mountain just a bit further; the book will be laying on the altar. Five more copies can be found by looting the skeletons that will attack when the Dragonborn takes a weapon from the altar.
- When entering Sightless Pit it is necessary to jump down. Followers in Skyrim tend to be buggy at this place and very often jump down the entire height at once and therefore die (except followers marked as essential). It is better to leave them waiting in front of the Sightless Pit.
- An infinite gold glitch/trick can be done by farming the books the skeletons drop at the altar on the mountainside above Sightless Pit. This altar can be reached by walking south and southwest from the entrance, up a slope, then to the left. The altar is south southwest of the entrance.
- The skeleton on top of the altar is glitched so that, every time its inventory is entered, it will have one more copy of the book The Doors of Oblivion than it had before. As long as the books are not taken, this glitch can be used. Taking all the books will stop the glitch. However, the skeletons respawn about once every week or so. There are also a few other skeletons that do not reanimate, but they are lootable and replenish what they have almost as often.
- On the pedestal, a coin purse and steel arrows will respawn often as well.
- There is a frost troll that respawns just as often just west of the cave entrance, great for harvesting Troll Fat.