She is married to Alvor, a blacksmith, and they have a daughter named Dorthe. Sigrid's speech makes it clear that she is married. She expresses worries that her daughter is not being 'lady-like' with her love of blacksmithing.
- In the side-quest, "Rescue Mission", given to the player by The Companions, using the Thu'um in Sigrid's presence causes the people of Riverwood to attack the Dragonborn upon their return to the town.
- Sigrid is friendlier to the dragonborn if they side with Hadvar over Ralof in the tutorial mission.
- If the dragonborn, as a male character, walks up to her or initiates dialogue, she will say, "I'm spoken for you know, so don't get any ideas." If the dragonborn is female, she will say, "You're pretty, I'll give you that. Just stay away from my husband Alvor."
- She will comment about Alvor's death if the dragonborn murders him.
- If Alvor is killed by external forces, such as a dragon attack on Riverwood, she will say mournfully, "He would dote on her so much. Let her work the forge and everything. I miss him so."
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)