The Silent Moons Enchant is a weapon enchantment that can be learned by disenchanting Lunar Weapons located at the Lunar Forge in the Silent Moons Camp northwest of Whiterun. This enchantment provides a damage bonus at night "while the moons are out," and gives the enchanted weapon a green glow at night and during the day it makes the target of the weapon glow almost yellow.
The lunar weapons from which the Silent Moons Enchant can be obtained with three levels of the enchantment, based on player level. Level 1 does 10 points of damage, level 2 does 15 points, and level 3 does 20 points.
- This is the only enchantment in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim that contains the word "enchant."
- The book Notes on the Lunar Forge states that the enchanted weapon gains a vampiric effect, "draining life upon hit". The author is wrong about this, as it just adds extra damage.
- The description says that the enchant burns the target; however, no burning animation is applied. Rather, it looks like some sort of Restoration or Stoneflesh animation.
- While the hit animation will occur even in daylight, analysis of the game files reveals the enchantment is designed to deal damage between the game hours of 9:00 PM and 5:00 AM regardless of lunar phase, weather, or indoor/outdoor location. Note however that due to the bug listed below, the enchantment does not actually deal damage; even during allotted times.
This section contains bugs related to Silent Moons Enchant. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- As of Patch 1.7.7, the Silent Moons Enchant is broken. Analysis of the game files reveals this to be due to the enchantment targeting weapon speed and not health.
- The enchantment will still lose charge even if the time is not between 9:00 PM and 5:00 AM.confirmation needed