The Silver Hand is an organization devoted to hunting down and exterminating werewolves. They are also mortal enemies of the Circle due to the fact that the Circle's members are werewolves. Silver Hand members are equipped almost exclusively with silver weapons, the only exception to this being their arrows, which are usually leveled. They are the main antagonists along with their supreme leader in the Companions Quest line.
During the quest line for the Companions, the Dragonborn and Aela the Huntress start a war against them. The Dragonborn can choose to end the war by wiping out most of the grouped members of the Silver Hand, leaving only small scattered groups.
If the Dragonborn becomes a Companion, the Silver Hand attacks them when traveling with Farkas. Even if the Dragonborn is not a Companion, or a werewolf, Silver Hand members may still be hostile and attack on sight.
- Driftshade Refuge
- Faldar's Tooth
- Fort Fellhammer
- Lost Knife Hideout
- Gallows Rock
- Sometimes, Treva's Watch
- Potion of Cure Disease (or ingredients to make them, i.e. charred skeever hide, mudcrab chitin, hawk feathers, and vampire dust)
- Silver weaponry
- A piece of silver ore or a silver ingot
- An assortment of arrows
- A leveled amount of septims
- Leveled armor
- They could be considered anti-heroes, seeing how their cause is noble, but have a tendency to come to blows with The Circle, who could also be seen as good.
- Furthermore, their anti-heroism can also be attributed to the fact that most members of the Silver Hand are usually hostile towards the player or passer-by, even if they are not Werewolves.
- The Silver Hand is similar to the Vigilants of Stendarr, as they also hunt down daedra and undead, but, unlike the Vigilants, they have been trained and have better knowledge of their enemy. Both the Vigilants and Silver Hand were wiped out to near extinction and near disbandment of their orders, and coincidentally, they both underestimated their enemies.