Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Main article: Silver Weapons (Skyrim)
This sword is found almost exclusively on members of the Silver Hand, although one can be located in Castle Volkihar on the shelf above the Vampire Royal Armor. The Silver Hand are frequently encountered during quests for the Companions. Silver Hand strongholds are only located at Driftshade Refuge and Gallows Rock if not a member of the Companions. If a member, there can be other locations, though they only appear in non-explored Bandit lairs.
The silver sword's inherent effect increases its damage by 20 points when used against undead enemies, such as Draugr, Skeletons, Ghosts, Vampires, and creatures and people raised by the "Raise Dead" type of Conjuration spells. Despite not being undead, werewolves and werebears are also affected.
The effect is not a normal enchantment, so it is affected by the Elemental Fury shout and silver swords may be enchanted at an arcane enchanter to stack with their inherent ability. The description "Especially effective against Undead" will remain, however.
- The silver sword is noticeably smaller than most other one-handed swords.
- The sword in Castle Volkihar may have a higher or a leveled base damage.confirmation needed
This section contains bugs related to Silver Sword. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Proudspire Manor, the game may freeze. If a save is made immediately after putting them in, and the save is reloaded, the Dragonborn will be holding an invisible silver sword. However, any equipped weapon will replace it, and it can not be equipped again. When putting two silver swords in the upstairs bedroom weapon rack in
- jail, additional swords will be added upon their release from jail. This also happens with silver greatswords. If more than one silver sword in the inventory when the Dragonborn go to
- If a silver sword and one or more other types of swords that are enchanted are on hand at the same time, very rarely all weapons will have the uncharged enchanted aura an them.
- Sometimes the blade loses its undead enchantment.
- When dropping several silver swords from inventory and exiting the menu, there may suddenly be a large number (300 or so) swords in inventory.