The Skeleton is one of the creatures encountered in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Skeletons are animated by necromancy, a practice of magic that manipulates the dead. The skeleton has the same abilities and equipment as when the original owner was alive. Skeletons wield various equipment from claymores or axes to bows and may carry enchanted weapons.
Skeletons and other undead such as zombies are all human-like, although there are ten different playable races. The lack of racial variation in skeletons may be explained by time restraints or a simple oversight by Bethesda Softworks. The tails of Argonians and Khajiit, or the massive physical structure of Orc does not appear in undead.
Skeletons make excellent targets for Marksman due to their lack of fleshy parts; all arrows fired at them still do normal damage, but will ricochet off of the skeleton's bones, falling to the ground. Once the skeleton is defeated, every arrow that fired can be retrieved from the ground. The only chance of losing an arrow is if it falls to an unreachable place or fades out normally.
One type of skeleton, Skeleton Champion, has an ability to summon another weaker skeleton minion, such as the Skeleton Warrior. The Champion only appears to be able to summon once though, so once his minion skeleton is defeated the Champion won't summon another minion.
- Skeleton Guardian (Stronger than normal Skeletons, Weilds a Axe and a Shield)
- Skeleton Warrior (Stronger than Skeleton Guardians)
- Skeleton Hero (Stronger than Skeleton Warriors, Weilds a Bow and Steel Longsword)
- Skeleton Champion (Stronger than Skeleton Heroes, Weilds a Glass Claymore or Elven Claymore and has incredibly high health)
- Lord Kain – Introduced in the Fighter's Stronghold official plug-in.
- Bregor the Cremator - Found in Ebrocca, Crematorium in the Shivering Isles official plug-in.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Unless otherwise stated, the information above was obtained from in-game play or from The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Construction Set 
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (First appearance)
|Creatures (The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion)|
|Animals||Bear • Boar • Deer • Dog • Horse • Mountain Lion • Mudcrab • Rat • Sheep • Slaughterfish • Unicorn • Wolf|
|Creatures||Goblin • Imp • Land Dreugh • Minotaur • Ogre • Spriggan • Troll • Will-o-the-Wisp|
|Daedra||Clannfear • Daedroth • Flame Atronach • Frost Atronach • Scamp • Spider Daedra • Storm Atronach • Xivilai|
|Undead||Ghost • Lich • Skeleton • Wraith • Zombie|
|Shivering Isles||Baliwog • Elytra • Flesh Atronach • Gatekeeper • Gnarl • Grummite • Hunger • Scalon • Shambles • Skinned Hound|