|Spells/Abilities||Fire Breath, Frost Breath, Unrelenting Force|
As Dragons are resurrected across Skyrim, the Dragonborn can interrupt the resurrection by attacking the rising dragon. This causes the dragon to stop forming properly resulting in a skeletal Dragon. Being purely made up of bone, they cannot fly, and instead of the resistances of a living dragon, a skeletal dragon has the vulnerabilities of the undead, its total health is only half that of a regular level 20 dragon. It can be easily dispatched using fire-based attacks..
A rather resilient Skeletal Dragon appears in the College of Winterhold quest, The Staff of Magnus, serving as the guardian of Labyrinthian. It appears in a large room with four to eight Skeletons and uses the Yol (Fire) and Fo (Frost) breath weapons. The Skeletal Dragon does not have a Dragon Soul or Dragon Scales (including Dragon Heartscales), but will drop up to 6 Dragon Bones; aside from Paarthurnax, this is the only dragon that drops this many bones at one time.
- On rare occasions, during a random dragon fight, the Dragon will suddenly lose its skin and become skeletal. The Dragonborn will even receive a Dragon Soul. The Dragon may become unkillable after the transformation.
- There is a possibility to turn any dragon into a skeletal dragon. To do so, the player must kill a dragon from a distance, and before absorbing the Dragon Soul, the player must resurrect the dead dragon using a console code. When the dragon is brought back to life, the player can approach it to gain the Dragon Soul, but the skin and scales will melt away. The player must now fight the Skeletal Dragon.
- If the dragon is spawned using console commands, it will fly like a normal dragon instead of being on the ground.
- If a Skeletal Dragon that was spawned by using console commands is killed, its health bar will disappear, and it won't die afterwards, causing it to keep flying around the area it was spawned in.
- Solution: Load a save that doesn't include the Skeletal Dragon that was spawned.
- Sometimes the skeletal dragon's mouth will be moving after it died.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)
|Creatures and Enemies (The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim)|
|Animals||Bear • Cave Bear • Chicken • Cow • Deer • Dog • Elk • Fox • Goat • Hawk • Horker • Horse |
Ice Wolf • Mammoth • Mudcrab • Rabbit • Sabre Cat • Skeever • Slaughterfish • Snow Bear • Snow Fox • Wolf
|Creatures||Chaurus • Frostbite Spider • Frost Troll • Giant • Hagraven • Ice Wraith • Spriggan • Troll|
|Daedra||Dremora • Flame Atronach • Frost Atronach • Storm Atronach|
|Undead||Corrupted Shade • Dragon Priest • Draugr • Magic Anomaly • Skeleton |
Subjugated Ghost • Wisp • Wispmother • Vampire
|Animunculi||Dwarven Centurion • Dwarven Sphere • Dwarven Spider|
|Dragons||Dragon • Blood Dragon • Frost Dragon • Elder Dragon • Ancient Dragon • Skeletal Dragon|