- "Sure you can handle it? Ha! Of course you can."
- ―Eorlund Gray-Mane, when asked for a Skyforge Steel Greatsword
The Skyforge Steel Greatsword is a two-handed weapon found in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. It is identical to the steel greatsword in appearance, but has a higher damage rating which is on par with an Elven greatsword.
The only merchant who sells the Skyforge Steel Greatsword is Eorlund Gray-Mane in Whiterun. However, there are other opportunities to obtain the weapon:
- During the Companions quest Proving Honor, after Farkas drops his when transforming into a Werewolf.
- Granted as a reward upon completion of the Proving Honor. When accepting the greatsword, Eorlund will comment "You sure you can handle that? Of course you can."
The Skyforge Steel Greatsword cannot be crafted, but it can be upgraded with a steel ingot at a grindstone and also benefits from the Steel Smithing perk, which doubles the improvement.
This section contains bugs related to Skyforge Steel Greatsword. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Please reload an old save to confirm if the bug is still happening.
- If the bug is still occurring, please post the bug report with the appropriate system template 360 / XB1 , PS3 / PS4 , PC / MAC , NX , depending on which platform(s) the bug has been encountered on.
- Be descriptive when listing the bug and fixes, but avoid having conversations in the description and/or using first-person anecdotes: such discussions belong on the appropriate forum board.
- Occasionally, the sword will stay equipped when in Beast Form. In this state, it will work as a one-handed weapon, but provide no detectable damage boost.