|Location||Ald'ruhn, Balmora, Vivec, Assemanu, Hassour, Subdun|
While advancing through the quest Antabolis Informant and sleeping in Ald'ruhn, Balmora or Vivec, the Nerevarine receives some disturbing dreams about Dagoth Ur. The second dream comes during the quest Vivec Informants and the last dream after the quest Zainsubani Informant.
Several people may walk up to the Nerevarine talking about the rising of Dagoth Ur. If the Nerevarine is a Dunmer, they will invite him or her to the Red Mountain and join the Sixth House; if the Nerevarine isn't, they will warn him or her to leave Morrowind. Each time they speak to the Nerevarine, their dispositions will drop; they'll attack if it becomes too low.
These people are the sleepers of Dagoth Ur:
- Alvura Othrenim, in the Vivec Arena Waistworks
- Assi Serimilk, in Maar Gan
- Daynasa Telandas, on the Arano Plantation
- Dralas Gilu, in Pelagiad
- Drarayne Girith, in the Plot and Plaster shop in Tel Aruhn
- Dravasa Andrethi's, in his house in Ald'ruhn
- Endris Dilmyn, in his shack in Khuul
- Eralane Hledas, in Vivec, St. Olms Canal North-One
- Llandras Belaal, in Balmora
- Neldris Llervu, in Suran
- Nelmil Hler, in the Vivec, Redoran Waistworks
- Rararyn Radarys, in Balmora
- Relur Faryon, in the Vivec, Hlaalu Canalworks
- Vireveri Darethran, in Ald Velothi
- Vivyne Andrano, in the Vivec, St. Delyn Waistworks
There are two ways of completing the quest. The first one is to kill Dagoth Ur.
The second way is to kill the four cultists responsible for the events. These cultists are:
- Hanarai Assutlanipal in Ald'ruhn during the quest Ash Statue. She can also be killed without doing the Ash Statue quest, as it will still stop Dravasa Andrethi's from attacking the Nerevarine while sleeping in Ald'ruhn.
- Dagoth Hlevul in Assemanu. Killing him will save Alvura Othrenim, Daynasa Telandas, Eralane Hledas, Neldris Llervu, Nelmil Hler, Relur Faryon and Vivyne Andrano and stop the attacks in Vivec.
- Dagoth Fovon in Hassour. This saves Dralas Gilu, Drarayne Girith, Llandras Belaal and Rararyn Radarys and stops the attack in Balmora.
- Dagoth Draven in Subdun. This will save Assi Serimilk, Endris Dilmyn and Vireveri Darethran.
There is no reward for completing this quest; however, if talking to a sleeper after the spell has been broken, the Nerevarine gains +1 reputation point.
- Even if the Nerevarine kills all the cultists, the quest will remain active until the completion of the quest The Citadels of the Sixth House.