|Sleeping Tree Camp|
|Location||North of The Lady Stone|
|Sublocations||Sleeping Tree Cave|
|Quests||Kill the Giant|
Sleeping Tree Camp is a giant's encampment found in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. It is located southwest of Fort Greymoor, south-southeast of Swindler's Den, and east of Broken Fang Cave in Whiterun Hold.
This Giant camp is the only known place where the mysterious Sleeping Tree is found. The tree grows in the middle of a small pond with a light purple mist coming from its purplish water. Two giants and two mammoths live in the immediate area. The entrance to the Sleeping Tree Cave is on the west side of the path heading north from the camp.
Little is known about the origins of the Sleeping Tree. Ysolda mentions that people believe that when the Red Mountain erupted, a piece landed in the area, leaving a crater from which a tree grew. She also heard the story that it was a spore that fell from a floating island in the sky.
There is a spigot sticking out of the tree, when activated, will yield a bottle of Sleeping Tree Sap. Consuming this potion will boost health by 100 points for 45 seconds, but vision becomes purple and distorted and movement speed is decreased.
- Nirnroot grows on the edges of this pond, along with other Alchemy ingredients including lavender and Mora Tapinella.
- Both monarch and blue butterflies flit about during the day, replaced at night by Torchbugs and Luna moths.
- Two charred skeever hides can be taken from poles extending over the large campfire.
- Puzzling Pillar Ruins, an unmarked location, lies to the southeast.
- Necromancer's Bluff, another unmarked location, is located east of here.
This section contains bugs related to Sleeping Tree Camp. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Dragonborn returns. However, the spigot may still be activated, but it can be quite difficult to find. The "Sap Spigot" can be broken off the tree. It may fall off of the tree and remain floating in the pool, or remain under the Sleeping Tree's roots when the
- The "Sap Spigot" can be broken off the tree, and if the last save is reloaded without the spigot broken off it will be attached to the tree but in a backwards position.
- giant, but both of them are eventually spotted and killed. Once the hunters are dead, standing on the body of one of the hunters causes one of the two mammoths to float above the ground. If the mammoth is approached, it will fall to its death. Two hunters may arrive here and try to sneak up on the
- Unrelenting Force on a giant may cause the two mammoths to immediately appear suspended above the sleeping tree pool but they will drop back down once the giant has been killed. Using all three words of