|Shout at time, and command it to obey, as the world around you stands still.|
|Recharge||30, 45, 60|
- Main article: Dragon Shouts
Slow Time is a dragon shout in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
When activated, the Slow Time Shout slows everything down significantly for a short amount of time. Although the Dragonborn is also affected by the time-slowing effects, they are able to move much faster than their enemies while the Shout is active, allowing them to attack enemies with less danger of getting hit back.
This is particularly useful against enemies that are normally too powerful to afford getting hit by, like Dragons, Dragon Priests, and Dwarven Centurions. It is also useful for mages using spells which require charging. It can also help for characters who cannot block, allowing you to dodge them.
The shout is affected by an alteration perk Stability, which gives 50% longer duration to the shout. It is also affected by potions of fortify alteration, which can increase the duration. Enchanted gear however, only reduces alteration spell costs and does not affect the shout. Using amulet of talos and blessing of talos to reduce shout cooldown, and using the stability perk and potions of fortify alteration, it is possible to cause a persistent (as long as you refresh the shout by shouting again before the effect runs out) slow time effect.
- This Shout is useful in conjunction with Fortify Enchantment or Fortify Smithing potions, because their effect, which normally lasts for 30 seconds, can be slowed to last around a minute.
- This Shout may be particularly advantageous to archers and mages, as it can allow for several shots to be fired before a melee enemy can reach striking range, minimizing the risk while reloading or charging spells, and slowing targets to allow for greater accuracy over distances.
- This Shout is great for assassins. The player will be able to sneak attack multiple enemies before detection. However, this is only effective if the Illusion perk Quiet Casting is acquired, as enemies may become aware of the player's presence when the Shout is used otherwise.
Locations: Hag's End, Korvanjund, and Labyrinthian
|VEGUNTHAR WahLaaN QETHSEGOL|
BORMahIL VahRUKT HUNGUNTHAR
TiiD NaaK KRIaaN SE
JUNNESEJER KRONiiD SE DUNKREATH
|Vegunthar raised (this) stone|
(in his) father's memory, Hungunthar
Time-Eater, slayer of
(the) Kings of the East, conqueror of Dunkreath.
|HET Mah SahROT|
KiiN SE KLO SE ALIKR
PRaaN NU DENEK KeiZaaL
|Here fell mighty|
Child of (the) sands of Alik'r;
rest now in (the) soil (of) Skyrim.
KENDOV SE VED RONAX WEN
SIL NU YORiiK RINDaaR SE SOVNGARDE
|(This) stone commemorates|
(the) warriors of the black regiment whose
souls now march in the plains of Sovngarde
for all eternity.
- Despite the fact that time slows, damage per second effects, such as those used by the Flames spell or a dragon's breath attack, do not slow with it, making these attacks much more deadly.
- While under the effect of the shout, the perk Steady Hand will have no effect.
- On the Shout menu in game, the icon representing the Shout moves considerably slower than other Shout icons.
This section contains bugs related to Slow Time. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- console command
"player.teachword X"where X represents the ID of the shout to be learned. After learning the first word, the second and third word walls may not activate, making it impossible to learn the full shout. This can be solved on PC using the
- Drelas' Cottage it can last until the player rests. Using the shout in some locations can cause it to last for an extended duration. When in
- Trying to ride a horse while time is slowed can cause the player to lose control of the character, which stops moving but slides to the right (unconfirmed).
| Animal Allegiance • Aura Whisper • Become Ethereal • Call Dragon • Call of Valor • Clear Skies • Disarm • Dismay |
Dragonrend • Elemental Fury • Fire Breath • Frost Breath • Ice Form • Kyne's Peace • Marked for Death • Slow Time
Storm Call • Throw Voice • Unrelenting Force • Whirlwind Sprint
|Drain Vitality • Soul Tear • Summon Durnehviir|
|Battle Fury • Bend Will • Cyclone • Dragon Aspect|
|Amulet of Talos • Dragon Alphabet • Dragon Language • Shrine of Talos • Tongues • Word Wall|