Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A Smelter is a crafting facility found in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
Smelters are used to smelt ores and certain Dwemer objects into ingots. They are dark colored and dome-shaped, often found near mine entrances and in some cities. Smelting does not raise smithing abilities.
- Bilegulch Mine: Outside mine entrance.
- Broken Oar Grotto
- Darkwater Crossing: Outside mine entrance.
- Dawnstar: Outside Quicksilver Mine (near the docked boat) and outside Iron-Breaker Mine, next to The White Hall.
- Fort Fellhammer: Inside the main wall.
- Gloombound Mine: Outside mine entrance
- Karthwasten: There are 2 smelters in Karthwasten on the North and West side of town.
- Kolskeggr Mine: Outside mine entrance.
- Kynesgrove: Outside entrance of Steamscorch Mine.
- Markarth: Outside the city near the Left Hand Mine and inside near The Warrens
- Mor Khazgur: Near the watch tower and the mine entrance.
- Narzulbur: Just across the wood bridge outside the walls.
- Northwind Summit: To the right of the Word Wall.
- Shor's Stone: In between Filnjar's House and Sylgja's House
- Whistling Mine: Outside mine entrance.
- Whiterun: Behind the forge next to Warmaiden's, which is the first building on the right when entering Whiterun. Not to be confused with Skyforge.
- Windhelm: From the town entrance, go left to the market and it's by the wall immediately to the right, past the forge.
- Can be built at a Homestead (only with the Hearthfire DLC).
In Hearthfire, the Dragonborn can install up to two smelters in each of the new homesteads; one outside and one in the cellar. Each requires following resources:
- When NPCs use a smelter, they will do an animation of first shoveling coal into the smelter, then eventually pouring the liquid metal into an ingot mold, then leaving the smelter. However, when the Dragonborn uses the smelter, only the coal shoveling animation is played in an endless loop.
- Dwemer objects that cannot be smelted: Dwemer Cog, Dwemer Gyro, Dwemer Scrap Metal, Small Dwemer Lever, Dwemer Lever, dishes, bowls and cups, armor and weapons.
This section contains bugs related to Smelter. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- tanning rack, grindstone, forge). Sheathing/unsheathing should resolve this. Sometimes, when a smelter is activated there is no action. This glitch can occur when using any blacksmith facility, (i.e.
- Whirlwind Sprint shout, then activating the smelter very quickly afterward, the Dragonborn is shown scooping ore into the ground beside the smelter instead of into the smelter. Sometimes when using the