Snowhawk is located near the main road between the settlements on Morthal and Dragon Bridge. Fort Snowhawk has one entrance connecting to the main road, and upon entering it, you will see a large building in the middle with the courtyard surrounding it. The back of the fort has the forge and stables for soldiers to stay in.
- Main article: Snowhawk (Arena)
During the Imperial Simulacrum, the city of Snowhawk was one of the eight major kingdoms in Skyrim and was under the rule of King Tarben. Snowhawk was connected to the townships of Dunstad Grove, Lainalten, and Markarth Side. At one point, the Eternal Champion had visited the city in their quest for a piece of the Staff of Chaos to defeat Jagar Tharn at the Imperial Palace.
Sometime later, Snowhawk was sacked to the point where only a single fort remained in its wake. This Fort Snowhawk was used as a major military bulwark that protected the city of Morthal from foreign invaders to the west. Those who took control of Snowhawk had control of Morthal and Hjaalmarch. At one point, the fort was overrun by a group of Necromancers who used it as a redoubt. Because Morthal was a part of the Mede Empire, the stronghold was under the control of the Imperial Legion.
- When The Elder Scrolls: Arena was going to be a tournament-based game, each city was going to have their gladiatorial team that would fight other groups. Snowhawk's team was known as the Frost Demons.[OOG 1]
- Snowhawk was replaced by Markarth as the 8th city in Skyrim around the same time as The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion came out when the Pocket Guide to the Empire, Third Edition was released as seen in the provided map in the book.
- Morthal replaced Snowhawk as the capital of Hjaalmarch when The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim was released.
- The Elder Scrolls: Arena
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Mentioned only)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- The Elder Scrolls: Legends (Heroes of Skyrim) (Mentioned only)