- Not to be confused with Soul Gem Shards.
Soul Gem Fragments are pieces of soul gems found in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. There are five types, though the only difference between them is shape; value and weight are the same.
- They can be found in potion shops or as random loot, but are more common in Necromancer hideouts.
- In Vlindrel Hall in Markarth if the Dragonborn has the Enchanting Area upgrade.
- On a table in one of the first chambers in the Alftand Glacial Ruins.
- Four can be found right next to the enchanting table in the Fort Dawnguard.DG
- Several are in Valerica's study, in Castle Volkihar.DG
- A few can be found near the enchanting table in a room in the Blue Palace in Solitude.
- A few can be found in the final loot room, in Fellglow Keep.
- In Ilinalta's Deluge, there are twelve on the tables in the back of the first room.
- Two are on a side table in Folgunthur.
- To the left of the enchanting table in the Great Hall in a homestead, if one has crafted that enchanting table.
- Two can be found in the house of Olava the Feeble, on a high shelf alongside several potions.
- Two can be found in Lost Valley Redoubt on a table, close to a Forsworn tent.
- In Angeline's Aromatics in Solitude, to the left after entering her shop.
- Four or five can be found on a row of tables in Alftand Animonculory, near the door to get into the Alftand Cathedral.
- At Talking Stone Camp, there are several fragments inside one of the stone bowls slightly north of the campfire.
- These fragments have no known use, other than selling them for or for decoration.
- Based on their color, the Soul Gem Fragments are most likely shattered Black Soul Gems.