|Location||South of Helgen|
|Quests||The Savior of Selveni Nethri|
A named fox - Pumpkin
Selveni Nethri can be found stuck in webs in an offshoot from the passage either before or after killing Bashnag. Cut her down and speak to her to begin a miscellaneous quest to help her escape the cave.
Meridia's Beacon can be located here.
Possible location for any of the ancient Dawnguard relics during the quest Lost Relic.
A staff Enthir wants retrieved can be found here also during Onmund's Request.
- A chest is hidden behind a tree near the entrance.
- The Art of War Magic, a Destruction skill book, can be looted from Bashnag.
- Ancient Nord Armor can be looted from Bashnag as well.
- A boss chest in the room where Bashnag is found.
- There's an urn on a tree near the cage with a chicken and another leaning on the tree behind it.
- An Iron ore vein can be found between the chicken cage and the tent, and next to the IoVein you will find a Silver ore vein .
- Going down the tunnel, where you fight spiders, you will find a Chest behind a column.
- Due north of the cave, following the tree line on the left, a silver ore vein can be found.
- Due north of the cave is a chest next to a tree and skeleton, with The Warrior's Charge leaning up against it, a Conjuration skill book
- Another silver ore vein – Just west of that chest, in a small alcove.
- Moonstone ore vein – Due south of the cave entrance, follow the path to the blocked gate to Cyrodiil. The vein is right by the gate.
- Just above this vein (over the rocky area in front), will be a snowy opening. Follow the side of the right rock wall to get to two more moonstone ore veins.
- An alchemy lab – Along the right path and another one at the cave's entrance
- An arcane enchanter – In Bashnag's Room
- An anvil – In the large chamber
- The items and enemies inside this cave do not respawn.
- To the south of this location, the Gate to Cyrodiil can be found.
- There is a silver ore vein after the first gate on the left by the tent and cage.
- There is an unique fox named Pumpkin inside Southfringe Sanctum.
- Lydia and Illia can get stuck on a small landing between two trees just below the cage with a chicken in it. She doesn't seem able to take the small step down to the next level. And that blocks the completion of the The Savior of Selveni Nethri.
- Solution: Move around her for a bit on the lower section, she will figure it out.
- Selveni Nethri can get stuck right before the exit/entrance to the cave (she needs to leave the cave to complete the quest). If this happens help her out by using the Unrelenting Force shout to push her outside. If the Dragonborn lacks the shout, a weak ranged destruction spell such as Flames or Frostbite may be used to turn her hostile. When she attacks, lead her around the cave's circuit and back out the exit. (This may take several tries.)
- Once given the quest and hitting the "show me this location" function the map may indicate an area far removed from the actual location of Southfringe Sanctum.
- The Dragonborn can jump up and out from the cave in the last "room" by jumping between the rocks.
- Bashnag's chest there is an opening in the rocks. If you can get through there (I used Sneak, but couldn't repeat) you end up "behind" the graphics (under the mountains). You can wander around on a perfectly flat plain (I don't suggest going off the edge) or re-enter the game by walking back into the mountain. To the left of