Sparks is a Novice-level Destruction spell. When cast, the spell shoots electricity at a target, dealing shock damage per second to the target's Health, and half of that damage to the target's Magicka. Dunmer characters begin the game with this spell already learned. It is recommended that the Dragonborn use this spell against magicka-using enemies, such as mages.
- The Caller dual wields Sparks during the battle with her at Fellglow Keep.
- Thalmor wizards and cryomagesconfirmation needed commonly use this spell.
- Weight: 1
- Value: 46
- See Spell Tome for a complete table of spell tomes, their descriptions, and their values.
- During the quest Unbound, a Sparks tome is found in a cage with a dead mage in the torture room of Helgen Keep, after escaping the dragon attack at the beginning of the game. Follow either Hadvar or Ralof to the keep to receive a brief tutorial in Lockpicking, which provides access to this item as well as the novice robes and novice hood, all of which are useful for a beginning mage.
- All Dunmer characters start the game knowing this spell.
- Purchase the tome from any of the following merchants:
- Dunmer characters start the game with Sparks. The tome encountered in Unbound does not change to another spell despite this.
This section contains bugs related to Sparks (Skyrim). Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Players may not be able to deselect spells, Sparks being one of them. It shows up as either R. One possible solution is listed below:
- Tab-open the magic index and assign a couple of spells as favorites (using the F key)
- Go back to the game and open the favorites index (key Q)
- Assign numbers from 1 - 9 to each spell
- Go back to the game and double tap the number of a spell (ie Flames) so it will be assigned to the both hands. Notice how the glitched spell has been substituted by the double-tapped spell
- Tap a different number to assign a different spell to the left hand (ie Lesser Ward). You can see that your right hand has Flames and the left has Lesser Ward.
- Dragons may not attack if under the effect of Sparks.
- This may be used while holding an object that can be held and used on it to create the effect that Telekinesis has objects.
|Arniel's Convection • Blizzard • Chain Lightning • Fire Storm • Fireball • Firebolt • Fire Rune • Flame Cloak • Flames • Frost Cloak • Frostbite • Frost Rune • Ice Spike • Ice Storm • Incinerate • Icy Spear • Lightning Bolt • Lightning Cloak • Lightning Rune • Lightning Storm • Sparks • Thunderbolt • Wall of Flames • Wall of Frost • Wall of Storms • Vampiric Drain|
|Freeze • Ignite • Whirlwind Cloak|
|Schools of Magic|
|Alteration • Conjuration • Destruction • Illusion • Restoration|
|Destruction Ritual Spell • Magicka • Perks • Magic • College of Winterhold • Destruction trainers • Runes • Disintegrate|