Spell Tomes (DLC4) is the fourth official plugin for The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Created by Bethesda Softworks, the plug-in was released on September 1, 2006, and takes up 2.4 MB of harddrive space.
The plug-in features hundreds of new spell-giving books, ranging from high to low levels. These new spells exceed the maximum magnitude of Oblivion 's vanilla spells, however, this plug-in aims to balance slightly detrimental effects with a lower Magicka cost. The added tomes are located in dungeons as loot.
List of new spellsEdit
- Defensive Boost: Apprentice-level Alteration spell that fortifies Light Armor for 5 points and adds 15 points of Shield for 30 seconds on self.
- Shieldwall: Apprentice-level Alteration spell that fortifies Heavy Armour for 5 points and does 15 points of Shield for 30 seconds on self.
- Mara's Grace: Journeyman-level Conjuration spell that spreads 40 points of Light across 15 feet for 30 seconds, and Turns Undead for 30 points across 15 feet for 30 seconds, all on a target.
- Pride of Hirstaang: Summons a Bear to fight for the caster 30 secs, Resist Frost 30% on self for 30 secs, and Fortify Strength 5 pts for 30 secs.
- Arctic Touch: A frost-based Destruction spell.
- Chilling Touch: Novice-level Destruction spell that deals 4 points of Frost Damage and 25% weakness to frost for 5 seconds.
- Choking Grasp: Novice-level Destruction spell that drains 35 points of health for 3 seconds on touch.
- Decaying Blast: An Expert Destruction spell that depletes enemy health.
- Decaying Bolt: An Apprentice level Destruction spell.
- Decaying Burst: A Journeyman level Destruction spell.
- Decaying Taint: Novice-level Destruction spell that Damages 2 points of health for 5 seconds on target.
- Electrifying Blast: An Expert leveled shock spell.
- Electrifying Burst: journeyman level shock spell
- Electrifying Bolt: Apprentice level shock spell.
- Electrifying Touch: Apprentice shock touch spell.
- Electrocuting Touch:An Expert level shock touch spell.
- Electrifying Spark: Novice-level Destruction spell that does 3 points of Shock Damage for 5 seconds on target.
- Elemental Blast: A powerful offensive spell with: Fire Damage, Frost Damage, and Shock Damage.
- Elemental Burst: Journeyman level spell that deals Fire Damage, Frost Damage, and Shock Damage.
- Elemental Bolt: Apprentice level spell that deals fire, shock, and frost damage.
- Elemental Flare: Novice-level Destruction spell that deals 5 points of Fire Damage, Frost Damage, and Shock Damage on target.
- Flammable Touch: Novice-level Destruction spell that deals 4 points of Fire Damage and 25% Weakness to Fire for 5 seconds on touch.
- Freezing Bolt: frost damage on target
- Freezing Burst: frost damage on target
- Freezing Shard: Novice-level Destruction spell that deals 3 points of Frost Damage for 5 seconds on target.
- Freezing Touch:
- Frostbite: deals frost damage and deals Weakness to frost
- Hangman's Noose: A powerful Journeyman Destruction spell with drain health 130 points for 3 seconds on touch.
- Kindling Touch: causes fire damage and causes weakness to fire.
- Leech Vitality: Absorb Health and Absorb Magicka on touch.
- Lightning Touch: deals lighting damage and causes
- Mara's Wrath: Deals fire damage and turns undead.
- Mark of fire: Deals low fire damage to everything in 15 ft radius.
- Scorching Touch: Fire Damage, 12 points for 6 seconds on touch. Weakness to Fire, 75% for 6 seconds on touch.
- Searing Burst:
- Searing Bolt: Fire Damage, 5 points for 7 seconds on target.
- Searing Flare: Novice level spell, causes fire damage on target.
- Soul Grasp: Novice level spell that damages health and cast sould trap
- Spark Touch: deals shock damage on touch and causes Weakness to Shock
- Strangulation: deals heavy damage to health
- Touch of Death: Deals massive health damage on touch.
- Blink: A low-level Invisibility spell.
- Enhanced Visibility: An Illusion spell which creates a light on a target for 30 seconds.
- Fenrik's Welcome: An Expert-level Illusion spell that has effects Chameleon 100% on self for 5 seconds, and Open Hard Lock on target.
- Karstaag's Breath: deals frost damage and Paralyze on target.
- Night Form: Powerful Invisibility and Fortify Sneak, and take Sun Damage, which reduces Magicka cost to cast.
- Orum's Aquatic Escape: Invisibility, Night-Eye, and Water Breathing.
- Thunderclap:Paralyze in 20 ft on touch.
- Baltham's Insight: a short duration but long range Detect Life spell.
- Llivam's Reversal:Reflect Spell and Spell Absorption on self.
- Aundae's Aura: A low level Restoration spell that boosts Willpower, Blade, Mysticism, and Destruction, while dealing Sun Damage for 30 seconds.
- Berne's Aura: A Restoration spell that boosts Agility, Sneak, Hand-to-Hand, and Acrobatics, While dealing Sun Damage for 30 seconds.
- Disease Resistance: Resist Disease for 20 seconds on self.
- Leech Vitality: Absorb Health and magicka
- Magicka Vortex: Absorb Magicka, Weakness to Magic 25%, and Stunted Magicka.
- Quarra's Aura: A low level Restoration spell that boost Strength, Blunt, Hand-to-Hand, and Heavy Armor, while dealing light Sun Damage on self.
- Resist Paralysis (Spell tome)
- Resist Poison (spell tome)
- There is only one guaranteed place to find a spell tome. Once the DLC is installed, a Conjurer carrying a spell tome will appear at Fort Cedrian. Once he spawns he will begin to look for the Hero. However, he does not re-spawn so he can not become a regular source for tomes.
- Spell tomes for Bound armor and weapons were made but never added into the game
- Official site Information about the Spell Tomes from the official website.