- Khuul, Thongar's Tradehouse
- Molag Mar, Redoran Stronghold
- Suran, Ralds Oril: Trader
- Tel Fyr, Hall of Fyr
- Vivec City, Jobasha's Rare Books
- Angeline's Aromatics, Solitude, on a bookshelf in one of the bedrooms on the upper floor.
- Can be bought from Urag gro-Shub in The Arcanaeum.
- Atheron Residence, Windhelm, on a shelf with another book.
- Bards College in Solitude.
- Bloodlet Throne – Two copies can be found inside.
- Blue Palace in Solitude
- Bryling's House, Solitude, on a bookshelf on the middle floor.
- Dragonsreach Dungeon, Whiterun, on a table.
- Erikur's House, Solitude, on a bookshelf on the upper floor.
- Fletcher, Solitude, in the room with the Business Ledger.
- Haemar's Shame.
- Hall of the Dead, Solitude.
- Arngeir, in High Hrothgar, may carry one.
- Hob's Fall Cave, in a stack of books in the sleeping quarters.
- The Katariah
- Radiant Raiment, Solitude
- Riften Jail, on a shelf
- Sarethi Farm, on a cupboard in the basement.
- Thalmor Headquarters, Solitude, on a bookshelf in the first room.
- Viola Giordano's House, Windhelm – Two are found here.
- Vittoria Vici's House, Solitude, on a bookshelf.
- The Winking Skeever, Solitude
- Ashfallow Citadel, on a shelf in a sleeping area.
- Cheydinhal, behind a wall near the western gate.
Lorkhan is the Spirit of Nirn, the god of all mortals. This does not mean all mortals necessarily like him or even know him. Most Elves hate him, thinking creation as that act which sundered them from the spirit realm. Most Humans revere him, or aspects of him, as the herald of existence. The creation of the Mortal Plane, the Mundus, Nirn, is a source of mental anguish to all living things; all souls know deep down they came originally from somewhere else, and that Nirn is a cruel and crucial step to what comes next. What is this next? Some wish to return to the original state, the spirit realm, and that Lorkhan is the Demon that hinders their way; to them Nirn is a prison, an illusion to escape. Others think that Lorkhan created the world as the testing ground for transcendence; to them the spirit realm was already a prison, that true escape is now finally possible.