The ability to sprint was introduced in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Though sprinting is faster than running normally, it costs Stamina points. At its basic level it will take a total of six seconds to deplete the stamina bar while sprinting continuously, and a total of eight seconds to regenerate it again. This is, of course, without having any perks. Increasing Stamina will also increase the duration of sprint.
Sprinting into characters will cause them to become annoyed and tell you to watch where you're going.
How to sprintEdit
- / – Press and hold LB (Left Bumper)
- – Press and hold L2
- – Press and hold the Alt Key
Effect of apparelEdit
When wearing heavy armor, the Dragonborn will sprint at a slower speed and will deplete stamina faster than they would while wearing light armor, which in turn causes the player to sprint slower and depletes stamina faster than normal clothing.
If the player chooses the correct perks from the light and heavy armor skill trees, then their choice of apparel does not affect stamina depletion and sprinting speed will be the same as that of normal clothing. This is especially helpful for players who use heavy armor, as they will be able to sprint further and faster once these perks are taken.
This section contains bugs related to Sprinting. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Sometimes, while sprinting, you will continue sprinting even after you run out of sprint and take your finger off the button.
- Sprinting while slowly lowering the left stick back to its original position will continue the sprinting animation and drain your fatigue, but your pace will be reduced to a snails'.
- A way to have infinite sprinting is to sprint whilst holding up a torch, and you will continue to sprint after the Stamina bar is depleted, so long as you hold the button down.
- Another way is to get the Block perk 'Shield Charge' and use the charge, but be sure to sheathe your weapons, as people hit will become hostile otherwise. Note that you must crouch while you put your shield up and charge.
- Sheathing or unsheathing weapons while sprinting will cause you to move at normal movement speed and still drain your stamina until you let go of the sprint button.