|Statue to Meridia|
|Sublocations||Kilkreath Ruins (Word Wall)|
|Quests||The Break of Dawn|
|Enemies||Malkoran, Corrupted Shade|
The Statue to Meridia is a Daedric Shrine dedicated to Meridia in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. It is located on Mount Kilkreath, due west of Solitude. Directly northeast of the shrine is a virtually unguarded Dragon Word Wall containing a word for Elemental Fury.
The quest is started by either finding Meridia's Beacon, which appears in random chests after level 12, or by approaching the shrine.
If the Dragonborn finds the beacon, Meridia will ask them to bring it to her shrine. If the Dragonborn approaches the shrine before finding the beacon, she will ask them to retrieve it. Upon their return, she then tells the Dragonborn to go through her temple located below her statue. In the temple, the Dragonborn will have to guide a beam of light to open the doors. At the end, there are four Corrupted Shades and a mage named Malkoran who is fought in his human form, then in the form of a corrupted shade. Once he's dead, Meridia will tell the Dragonborn to take the Dawnbreaker. Once taking it, they will be asked to spread her gospel with the sword. The Dragonborn can agree or disagree. Either way the sword is rewarded.
HET NOK FJALMOD BeiN SU WO PooK AL POGaaS OK KOPRaaN DREH NU KO GOLT
Translation: Here lies Fjalmod Foul-Air who stank as much on earth as his body does now in the ground
To find the Word Wall, stand on top of the stairs near the shire, look north-east and the wall should be visible.
- Once Dawnbreaker is pulled from the pedestal the player is teleported from the ruins, make sure to loot the area for coin before doing this.
- Once all quests are completed for Meridia, the Dragonborn can "activate" the gem at the statue yet nothing occurs.
- Meridia's 'Clensing Light' (the beams of light that Meridia uses to open the doors inside the temple) is a very efficient way to power-level any magic skill, all the Dragonborn is required to do is activate the Atronach Star Sign to gain it's Magika Absorbtion perk and stand in the path of the light beams. The beams cause magic damage on the Dragonborn when he/she stands in it, thus magika is absorbed from it. The effect almost instantly regenerates full magika.
- If the Dragonborn is having trouble defeating Malkoran or his shade this is a decent strategy to employ, simply stand in front of Dawnbreaker in it's pedestal in the way of the beam then equip the best healing spell in one hand to curb the health damaging effect of the beam and equip the best offensive spell in the other to defeat the shades and Malkoran.
- Combining this with Telekinesis will vastly level up the Alteration Skill.
- To level up the Illusion Skill, have a follower stand near a beam so you may stand in it then thow the best illusion spells at them (Calming or Couraging spells are the best for this).
This section contains bugs related to Statue to Meridia. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- The Dragon Shout, 'Battle, Elemental Fury', may never load causing you to never receive the shout. The wall will still glow and the sound effects can be heard but the word cannot be obtained. A solution is to save a few meters from the wall and then load the save game to cause the world to reload the wall. Otherwise, it is advised to use the debugger(if on the pc) to obtain the shout.
- Sometimes visiting the shrine will not start the quest no matter what you do to the shrine or how close you get.
- Also when teleported upwards the Dragonborn may get stuck and be unable to move. Reloading should fix this.
When being teleported back down the Dragonborn might fall to their death, due to an unsafe landing
- Using the tgm command prevents this.
- Moving away from Meridia after she finishes speaking will also work if you move to a place where the land is lower.