Unlike in The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Staves (or Staffs), are not melee weapons, but rather are magical weapons that are usually imbued with a magical attack, such as hurling out fireballs. Sneak attacks cannot be done with them. They can usually be found on conjurers and other magic-using enemies. In the later level Mages Guild Quests many will be dropped by slain necromancers.
The player is able to create a personal staff upon gaining access to the Arcane University. The enchantment on it is leveled. Staffs may be purchased in the Imperial City Market District at Rindir's Staffs.
Staffs sold at Rindir's Staffs:
|Lesser Staff of Telekinesis||Staff||10||10 ft. Telekinesis for 20 secs.|
|Staff of Fire||Staff||10||80 pts. Fire damage on Target|
|Staff of Light||Staff||10||40 ft. Light for 60 secs.|
Other significant staffsEdit
- Staff of Worms — The King of Worms', Mannimarco's Staff (reanimate bodies for 30 secs.)
- Wabbajack — Transforms the target into another random creature
- Staff of Indarys — A staff with leveled effects.
- Hrormir's Icestaff — A staff reserved for the Arch-Mage.
- Sanguine Rose — Summons a random Daedra
- Mankar Camoran's staff — Shock damage and disintegrate armor.
- Staff of the Everscamp — Automatically summons Everscamps to follow the owner.
- The regular wooden staffs bear a resemblance to the staff that Gandalf the Grey used in the Lord of the Rings live action movies.
- If you have two identical staves (example, 2 Greater Staff of Storms), they can be recharged for free using a bug. Simply use one of the staves, then un-equip it. The two will stack and automatically recharge.