|Quest Giver||Aela the Huntress|
|Prerequisite||The Silver Hand|
|Type||Companions, Radiant quest|
This is one of the Silver Hand Campaign quests given by Aela the Huntress. She says that a Silver Hand lieutenant who has been snooping around Whiterun is camped at one of a number of locations (see below). She tasks the Dragonborn to steal their plans so that the location of their chief hideout can be discovered.
- Go to the appointed location
- Kill the Silver Hand lieutenant
- Retrieve the Silver Hand Stratagem
- Return to Aela for a sum of 100-300
- Fort Fellhammer
- Redoran's Retreat
- Faldar's Tooth
- Swindler's Den
- Treva's Watch
- Lost Knife Hideout
- Broken Helm Hollow
- Glenmoril Coven
- Valtheim Towers
- Gallows Rock
This section contains bugs related to Stealing Plans. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- If the quest points the Dragonborn to any of the following places which are already cleared, the game will crash:
setstage cr10 20. The console command to skip this part of the quest is
- In some instances this quest is given again by Aela after already completing it once, rendering it uncompletable since she already has the plans. When asking for work, other Companions may or may not inform the player they are doing something for Aela, or sometimes they may actually give an additional quest. On PC the setstage console command does not work to fix this problem.
- If quest is at Faldar's Tooth, the quest marker will not show up and the Silver Hand Stratagem will not be there.
- If quest is at Gallows Rock, the quest marker will not show up and the Silver Hand Stratagem will not be there.