These merchants statically sell Steel Arrows:
- Bits and Pieces
- In Belethor's General Goods shop
- The Drunken Huntsman shop in Whiterun has some
- Occasionally blacksmiths have them
- Fired arrows can be retrieved from both the ground and corpses they are lodged in. If the Dragonborn is struck with an arrow, it ends up in their inventory. Similarly, Followers hit with arrows keep them within their inventories.
- Steel Arrows are very commonly found on the bodies of Stormcloak Soldiers, Imperial soldiers, and guards.
- Its possible to get infinite Steel Arrows. Sometimes in Dragonsreach, Great Porch, you may find a soldier training with his bow, you just have to collect the arrows he shoots.
- It is also possible to get infinite Steel Arrows by collecting the arrows Niruin shoots while training inside The Ragged Flagon - Cistern.
- The Dragonborn can also get free arrows from a guard in Solitude who shoots at a straw target outside Castle Dour.