|Steel Plate Armor|
|Class: Heavy Armor|
|Upgrade Material: Corundum Ingot|
|Perk: Advanced Armors|
- Blacksmiths and general goods merchants.
- Found as random loot in chests or as a world item.
- Worn by bandit chiefs and bounty collectors after level 18.
- Bolgeir Bearclaw in Solitude wears a full set, minus the helmet.
- Uthgerd the Unbroken wears a full set minus the helmet.
- Kharjo wears a full set, minus the helmet.
- Salma at Ironbind Barrow wears a full set, minus the helmet.
- Umana in Alftand wears a full set, minus the helmet.
- Atar at Sanuarach Mine wears a full set after level 18.
- Guards encountered at Black-Briar Lodge may be wearing sets at lower levels.
Attributes by pieceEdit
|Leather Strips||Iron Ingot||Corundum Ingot||Steel Ingot||ID|
|Steel Plate Armor||40||38||625||3||1||1||3||0001395C|
|Steel Plate Boots||14||9||125||2||1||1||2||0001395B|
|Steel Plate Gauntlets||14||6||125||2||1||1||2||0001395D|
|Steel Plate Helmet||19||6||300||2||1||1||2||0001395E|
- Originally, this armor was to be called Nord Plate Armor, according to the book of concept art which came with the collectors version of the game.
- It was supposed to have a matching Steel Plate Shield, as seen in The Official Guide to Skyrim. Statistics for this were 28 armor, 14 weight, and 325 value.
- Jarl Balgruuf the Greater wears a set of this armor without the helmet during the Battle for Whiterun.
- At low levels, the entire set (except for the helmet) can be obtained by finding Uthgerd the Unbroken, brawling her, recruiting her as a follower, then killing her.
- Due to its high value, crafting steel plate armor instead of regular steel armor is a good way to level up Smithing faster.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)