|Steel Plate Armor|
|Class: Heavy Armor|
|Upgrade Material: Corundum Ingot|
|Perk: Advanced Armors|
|ID: See table|
- Blacksmiths and general goods merchants.
- Found as random loot in chests or as a world item.
- Worn by bandit chiefs and bounty collectors after level 18.
- Bolgeir Bearclaw in Solitude wears a full set, minus the helmet.
- Uthgerd the Unbroken wears a full set minus the helmet.
- Kharjo wears a full set, minus the helmet.
- Salma at Ironbind Barrow wears a full set, minus the helmet.
- Umana in Alftand wears a full set, minus the helmet.
- Atar at Sanuarach Mine wears a full set after level 18.
- Guards encountered at Black-Briar Lodge may be wearing sets at lower levels.
Attributes by pieceEdit
|Piece||Leather Strips||Iron Ingot||Corundum Ingot||Steel Ingot||ID|
|Steel Plate Armor||40||38||625||3||1||1||3||0001395C|
|Steel Plate Boots||14||9||125||2||1||1||2||0001395B|
|Steel Plate Gauntlets||14||6||125||2||1||1||2||0001395D|
|Steel Plate Helmet||19||6||300||2||1||1||2||0001395E|
- Originally, this armor was to be called Nord Plate Armor, according to the book of concept art which came with the collectors version of the game.
- It was supposed to have a matching Steel Plate Shield, as seen in The Official Guide to Skyrim. Statistics for this were 28 armor, 14 weight, and 325 value.
- Jarl Balgruuf the Greater wears a set of this armor without the helmet during the Battle for Whiterun.
- At low levels, the entire set (except for the helmet) can be obtained by finding Uthgerd the Unbroken, brawling her, recruiting her as a follower, then killing her.
- Due to its high value, crafting Steel Plate Armor instead of regular Steel Armor is a good way to level up Smithing faster.
- This armor is very similar in protection to Orcish Armor without the shield.
- Because Steel Plate was worn by Gormlaith Golden-Hilt during the Dragon War, many thousands of years before the events of Skyrim, this means that it is one of the oldest armour sets in the game, alongside the Ancient Nord Armour.