|Location||Far west of Solitude just east of Northwatch Keep|
Steepfall Burrow is a cave located in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
It is a location in the Haafingar Hold. It lies high in the Northern peaks in Haafingar's central mountains. Steepfall Burrow also features a lower exit, which is a separate location on the map. This connection is often used by travelers to facilitate their trek through Haafingar's treacherous mountains.
- Can be one of the locations involved in finding Noster's Helmet. This quest is given by Noster Eagle-Eye in Solitude.
- Finding The Legendary Scourge, given by Urag gro-Shub.
- Can be one of the locations in the quest Totems of Hircine, given by Aela the Huntress.
- Can be one of the Meridia's Beacon locations, given by Meridia.
- Location in Animal Extermination Quest, given by Aela the Huntress.
There are two different entrances to this cave, an upper, and a lower one. The upper level contains the quest related 'Noster's Helmet'. As one enters the upper cave, follow the path around the corner to a room with a bridge over a large chasm. A frost troll will be waiting on the other side. Enter the ice cave behind this troll to encounter a second frost troll. (To avoid combat with these, one may use Unrelenting Force to throw them into the chasm, although if you plan to go into the water for the chest, the trolls may still be alive and may still able to attack in the water). The path will turn left. A skeleton can be found on the ground with some loot, including a skill book.
At the end of this path is a chest as well as a coinpurse. The chest will contain Noster's Helmet (if he requested that it be retrieved) as well as other leveled loot. If part of the quest Totems of Hircine, the totem will be located in this chest.
- (Lower) There is a chest at the bottom of the natural lake, left of the entrance.
- (Lower) There is a chest near the dead hunter.
- This a possible location that the book The Legendary Scourge may be found.