|Location||North of Windhelm|
|Quests||Possible location for Family Heirloom|
Stillborn Cave is a cave located in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
It is a located north of Windhelm. There are two different entrances to the cave itself. Upon entering the more easily accessible end, the Dragonborn arrives in a cavern with a Chaurus down a flight of stairs. If encountered with two Chaurus as well as a Falmer Gloomlurker, the Dragonborn has entered into the hardest end of the cave first, so be prepared.
From the easiest end, further into the cave the Dragonborn will run into a group of two Falmer, often consisting of a Falmer Skulker as well as a traditional Falmer. After these two have been killed, there will be a path that goes up a slope with a column on the right side. Be careful, as there is a tripwire trap here which triggers a giant claw to whip around and whack you.
A room further in contains two Falmer, a normal Falmer and Falmer Skulker, as well as a chest that contains gold, a health potion, and some other decent loot. Down a waterfall walkway there is a large cavern containing the "boss" for the cave, a Falmer Gloomlurker and two Chaurus. This combination can be particularly difficult for a lower level Dragonborn; to be safe, save before entering. In the room with the Falmer Gloomlurker, there is a chest containing pretty good loot on the arch over the waterfall.
This is a possible location for Shalidor's writings in the Shalidor's Insights quest.
- The Warrior's Charge Skill Book (when encountering the trap with a tripwire, move around the ice pillar)
- Apothecary's satchel with a few Alchemy ingredients in it
- Large number of Chaurus Eggs
- After several tests it has been noted that should you enter from the northern end and fight your way through to the Falmer Gloomlurker, upon killing it and then back tracking through the cave a Chaurus and Falmer Skulker may spawn in to the area.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)