|Stones of Barenziah|
| Base Value:|
|Type: Quest Item|
After the appraisal, it is learned that a total of twenty-four Stones of Barenziah exist, which activates the quest No Stone Unturned. The stones are quest items of 0.5 weight and worth 200 , and they cannot be removed from the inventory until the entire set is obtained. Many of these stones can be found while completing small jobs for Vex and Delvin of the Thieves Guild.
No Stone Unturned questEdit
- Main article: No Stone Unturned (Skyrim)
Vex reveals that the Crown of Barenziah is an item that enhances a thief's ability. With the stones and crown in her possession, Vex says she can restore the paragon to its full strength.
Upon completion of the quest "No Stone Unturned" (by turning in all twenty-four stones and recovering the crown), Vex rewards the Dragonborn with the active effect and ability, Prowler's Profit which greatly increases the chance of finding multiple precious gems in chests, burial urns, corpses etc. Furthermore, the fully-restored Crown of Barenziah sits on a special stand in the cistern portion of the Thieves Guild.
|1||Eastmarch||Enter the Ansilvund Excavation and complete objective in the cave and it will be on the left part of the table in the back of the room of the Burial Chambers. Near the sword Ghostblade and Fjori's ghost.|
|2||Eastmarch||Stony Creek Cave||Off the main corridor follow a path on the right (Before entering the large pool of water with one Bandit), inside the bandit wizard's cavern, on a table.|
|3||Eastmarch||Windhelm - House of Clan Shatter-Shield||Upstairs and in the first bedroom on the left, on the bookshelf.|
|4||Eastmarch||Windhelm - Palace of the Kings||Reached via the first door on the left upon entering the palace, it sits on a table in Wuunferth the Unliving's quarters at the end of the hall.|
|5||Falkreath||Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary||On the dresser in Astrid's room during the quest With Friends Like These... or Destroy the Dark Brotherhood!|
Pinewatch - Pinewatch Bandit's Sanctuary
|7||Falkreath||Sunderstone Gorge||On the altar in front of the Word Wall. Note that, because of its placement on the altar, the Stone can be difficult to spot if you aren't facing the Word Wall from the opposite side of the table.|
Enter the Ship and take the stairs to the bottom level, defeat both opponents and take the stairs up (opposite the ones you have just come down.) This will lead you to the Captain's Quarters where you will find the stone on the table.
The stone can be found in the Reeking Cave. Near the end of the cave, in an alcove with a dead conjurer if you enter via the Thalmor Embassy or in the same place just near the front of the cave if you enter via the road entrance.
|10||Haafingar||Solitude - Blue Palace||On the bedside table in Jarl Elisif's quarters.|
|11||Haafingar||Solitude - Proudspire Manor||Sitting on a chest of drawers on the lefthand side of the upstairs master bedroom. (Must own Proudspire Manor to get this Stone. Become Thane and pay 25,000 to own the home.)|
On a table just to the right of the prison's exit gate. The prison is entered via a trapdoor in front of the chest at the Word Wall, or long way through tunnels.
|13||The Reach||Dead Crone Rock||On a makeshift altar in front of the Word Wall at the top of the final tower.|
|14||The Reach||Markarth - Treasury House||Next to the bed in the master bedroom.|
|15||The Reach||Understone Keep - Dwemer Museum||Once inside the museum, it can be found behind a locked gate on left of the museum on a table in the right hand corner.|
|16||The Rift||Black-Briar Lodge||In the upstairs master bedroom.|
|17||The Rift||Mistveil Keep - Jarl's Chambers||In the Jarl's chambers, on the end table to the left of the bed in the master bedroom.|
|18||Whiterun||Dragonsreach Jarl's Quarters||In the Jarl's chambers, on the end table to the left of the bed.|
|19||Whiterun||Fellglow Keep||On a counter in the workshop at the top of the front foyer - between the arcane enchanter and the alchemy lab.|
|20||Whiterun||Jorrvaskr Living Quarters||In Kodlak Whitemane's bedroom.|
|21||Whiterun||Whiterun Hall of the Dead - Whiterun Catacombs||Found in a crypt. From the entrance make the first left, then right, down the ramp. From here it's on the immediate left.|
|22||Winterhold||College of Winterhold - Arch-Mage's Quarters||On a shelf in the Arch-Mage's Quarters. To the left of the bed, under a wolf's head mounted on the wall. Becomes accessible during Under Saarthal.|
|23||Winterhold||Hob's Fall Cave||Just after crossing the bridge, before an area with a sacrificial table and enchantment table, take the path to the left and down into an area with an alchemy bench. The stone is on a shelf.|
|24||Winterhold||Yngvild - Yngvild Throne Room||Found on the desk in this last room, next to the final journal of Arondil.|
- In recent patches the stones were made static: they can no longer be knocked off somewhere inaccessible when using explosive magic or walking over them. They cannot even be moved while pressing the interaction button.
- It is also possible to get the gem via the console command 'tcl'.
- There is a way to get multiple gems from only one. Tap the interact button as fast as possible while targeting the stone. If done correctly, multiple stones may be picked up instead of one. Slow Time is a sure way to make use of the exploit. Any stones left over after finishing the quest will still be in their original locations. If picked up and dropped, they will hover in mid air, immobile. They may be picked up again, and can be stored or sold.
- Until the stones are appraised by Vex, they stack. After the quest begins, each new stone will take a new inventory line.
- The Stones have a marked value of 200 but stealing one while on a Bedlam job for the hold it is located in will complete the quest objective.
- If using the official Skyrim Guide, it lists a Stone of Barenziah being located in one of Elewen's bedrooms in the Thalmor Embassy. Actually the stone is in Ravenscar Hollow below the Thalmor Dungeon near the Trap Door. The real location is missing on the list.
|Click to show|