|Stones of Barenziah|
| Base Value:|
|Type: Quest Item|
After the appraisal, it is learned that a total of twenty-four Stones of Barenziah exist, thus activates the quest "No Stone Unturned". Every stone is a Quest item of 0.5 weight and each is worth 200 gold, which cannot be removed from the inventory until the entire set is obtained. Many of these stones can be found while completing "small jobs" for Vex and Delvin of the Thieves Guild.
No Stone Unturned quest
- Main article: No Stone Unturned (Skyrim)
Vex reveals that the Crown of Barenziah is an item that enhances a thief's ability. With the stones and crown in her possession, Vex says she can restore the paragon to its full strength. Taking the stones while hidden avoids crime charges.
Upon completion of the quest "No Stone Unturned" (by turning in all twenty-four stones and recovering the crown), Vex rewards the player with the active effect and ability, "Prowler's Profit." Furthermore, the fully restored Crown of Barenziah sits on the mannequin in the cistern portion of the Thieves Guild.
|1||Eastmarch||Ansilvund Burial Chambers||Enter the Ansilvund Excavation and complete objective in cave and it will be on the left part of the table in the back of the room of the Burial Chambers. Near the sword Ghostblade and Fjori's ghost.|
|2||Eastmarch||Stony Creek Cave||Off the main corridor follow a path on the right, inside the bandit wizard's cavern, on a table.|
|3||Eastmarch||Windhelm - House of Clan Shatter-Shield||Upstairs and in the first bedroom on the left. It's on the bookshelf.|
|4||Eastmarch||Windhelm - Palace of the Kings Upstairs||Accessible via the first door on the left upon entering the palace, it sits on a table in Wuunferth the Unliving's quarters at the end of the hall. It's on the table to the right.|
|5||Falkreath||Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary||On the dresser in Astrid's room. (During the quest With Friends Like These...) Does not move, even after the Sanctuary is burned.|
|6||Falkreath||Pinewatch Bandit's Sanctuary||Access the bandit sanctuary in Pinewatch by pressing the button downstairs, across from fireplace. Inside the sanctuary, to the right of a room containing a single bandit and several empty Draugr sarcophagi, there is another small room with a treasure chest. The stone is then found on a shelf directly across from the chest.|
|7||Falkreath||Sunderstone Gorge||On the altar in front of the Word Wall.|
|8||Haafingar||Aboard the Dainty Sload||On a table in the First Mate's quarters (the ship itself is docked between Solitude Lighthouse and the city).|
|9||Haafingar||Reeking Cave||Beside the dead conjurer. This was originally found in the thalmor embassy but was later moved to the reeking cave with the 1.4 patch.|
|10||Haafingar||Solitude - Blue Palace||On the bedside table in Jarl Elisif's quarters.|
|11||Haafingar||Solitude - Proudspire Manor||Sitting on a chest of drawers which itself sits on the left of the upstairs' master bedroom. Can access rear entrance of Proudspire Manor with Solitude Fletcher's Key, in order to bypass paying 25,000 to own home.|
|12||The Reach||Dead Crone Rock||On a makeshift altar in front of the Word Wall at the top of the final tower.|
|13||The Reach||Markarth - Treasury House||Next to the bed in the master bedroom.|
|14||The Reach||Markarth's Understone Keep - Dwemer Museum||Once inside the museum, it can be found through a door on left of the museum on a table in the right hand corner.|
|15||The Rift||Black Briar Lodge||In the upstairs' master bedroom.|
|16||The Rift||Riften - Mistveil Keep Jarl's Chambers||In the Jarl's chambers, on the end table located to the left of the bed.|
|17||Whiterun||Dragonsreach Jarl's Quarters||Found within the Jarl's bedroom, on the end table to the left of the bed.|
The stone can be found on a table just to the right of the prison's exit gate. The prison is accessed via a trapdoor in front of the chest that stands before the Word Wall.
|19||Whiterun||Fellglow Keep||On a counter in the workshop at the top of the front foyer (between the arcane enchanter and the alchemy lab).|
|20||Whiterun||Jorrvaskr Living Quarters||
|21||Whiterun||Whiterun Hall of the Dead - Whiterun Catacombs||Found in a crypt (wall nook). To get there from the entrance, the player should make the first left, then right, down the ramp, and on your immediate left.|
|22||Winterhold||College of Winterhold - Arch-Mage's Quarters||On a shelf in the Arch-Mage's Quarters (becomes accessible during the Under Saarthal quest) to the left of the bed, under a wolf's head mounted on the wall.|
|23||Winterhold||Hob's Fall Cave||Just after crossing the bridge, before you get to an area with a sacrificial table and enchantment table, take the path to the left and down into an area with an alchemy bench. The stone is located here on a shelf.|
|24||Winterhold||Yngvild - Yngvild Throne Room||The stone can be found on the desk in this last room, next to the final journal of Arondil.|
- In recent patches the stones were made static, this way you dont have to worry about knocking them off somewhere inaccesible when using explosive magic or walking over them. You cannot even move them while pressing the interaction button. (PS3 Tested)
- It is also possible to get the gem via the console command 'tcl'.
- There is a simple way to obtain 2 or more gems from only one. Mash the interact button as fast as possible while highlighting the stone. If done correctly, you should obtain 2 or more stones instead of the single stone. Slow Time doesn't affect this since the item will dissappear in the same time as normally does after pressing the interact button. Save before trying this until you get a nice amount.
- There is a delay between when you click on the stone and when the stone is added to your inventory. If you click on a stone multiple times before it actually picks up, you will receive one stone but the quest will count it as two or more (works on the very first unusual gem you pick up, when the quest starts your counter will be more than 1 right away). This can be used to complete the quest faster as it does not affect the ability to move forward.
- If there are Stones of Barenziah remaining after the above method is used, the ones not acquired will remain in their normal locations after the quest is completed. You will be able to pick them up and drop them, as they are not considered a quest item after completion. Dropping them will cause them to float in mid-air and they can not be moved unless picked up again. They can also be sold to any shopkeeper as a normal item.
- If the Stone of Barenziah in Reeking Cave cannot be found beside the dead mage after applying Patch 1.4, a glitch will need to be utilized to reaccess the Thalmor Embassy and pick it up from its original location. This bug has been found in all versions of the game, and videos to resolve the situation are available on YouTube.
- For some reason, the gem may not appear on the counter where it is supposed to sit in Fellglow Keep.
- The stone in Wuunferth the unliving's quarters may not be there after the quest Blood on the Ice. as of now, there is no known fix to this
- Periodically, some stones apparently respawn at their initial place, such as the one in Jarl Elisif the Fair's quarters.
- Calixto's House of Curiosities, it may be possible to obtain a stone at Calixto's museum on one of the shelves if every other location has been exhausted without obtaining all twenty-four. In
- Entering the Dwemer Museum after having completed Hard Answers will initiate that quest again.
- To move the stone to your location without entering the museum, you can use the console command prid 7F909 followed by moveto player.
- Alternatively, you can complete the Hard Answers quest again to score another Nightingale Blade. Subsequent Thieves Guild quests will not start again. Though untested, this is potentially a method to obtain unlimited Nightingale Blades. Note that Darkness Returns cannot be finished if Hard Answers is completed twice.
- [Xbox 360] Maul's dialogue may not show up, prohibiting the initiation of the quest, though you can still start it with Vex.
- If all the gemstones are collected prior to their appraisal, the entire collection may be forcibly retained in one's inventory while a bug bars the quest from being completed.
- Occasionally, Stones of Barenziah (and other miscellaneous items) may not stack properly. This results in multiple stacks being formed of the same item.
- Sometimes when you take a Stone of Barenziah although it says Take, taking counts as stealing.
- If you speak to Vex before Maul, then speak to Maul after you have started the quest you get a miscellaneous objective to become a full member of the thieves guild. Because you have to be a full member to get it appraised you can't complete the objective.