|Stony Creek Cave|
|Location||South of Eastmarch Imperial Camp|
North of Ansilvund
|Quests||No Stone Unturned|
Find Finn's Lute
The Forgemaster's Fingers
Entering in a pool of water with a few skeletons, walk up the woodpath and pass the breton lying over a pole. Follow the water stream forward and a two bandits will appear. On the right hand side further up is a path leading to an Alchemy Lab with a random mage. The lab lies on the left side of the path and can be easy to miss. Watch out for the bandit guarding the sidepath.
Continuing forward on the main path and eventually it leads to a large cave with a waterfall and a bandit mining the moonstone ore veins. A chest can be found beside him.
There is a wavering distortion in the air, similar to heat distortion around a fire. This indicates the presence of flammable gas, which can be ignited with a flame spell or shout but not a torch. This will have about the same damage as oil on the ground however, it will be in the air and less avoidable. It can be also noted that simply holding a fire spell (not charging or firing/fired) will ignite the gas, so caution is needed.
When checking the map it reveals the path continues further beyond the waterfall. By climbing the rocks opposite the opening and then using the Whirlwind Sprint shout, it's possible to reach the top of the waterfall. At the end of the corridor there is a passage to Kagrenzel.
- It is also possible to climb the rocks to the left of the waterfall. Sneaking while jumping makes this easier due to overhead rocks.
- It is also possible to climb the waterfall using Beast Form (only available for werewolves) and climbing the rocks on the left side of the waterfall. This can be done by jumping on top of the chest and then jumping to the side of the rocks.
- You can also take the big round rock on the right side of the cave next to the moonstone vein and use whirlwind sprint to get up the water fall.
In the tunnel leading to Kagrenzel, there is a Falmer Chest on the left side. Climb the wall on the right side and find a Centurion Dynamo Core at the top of the small waterfall. Turn around and find a Flawless Diamond on top of the stone arc, which can be obtained either by shooting it down with an arrow, using the Telekinesis spell, or by jumping and quickly grabbing it while still in the air.
The tunnel eventually leads to a large cave with a bridge over the waters leading to a tunnel down on the left. From the bridge Falmer will start appearing from their wall mounted tubes behind you, so sneaking backwards can be effective so as not to be taken by surprise. In the tunnel down at one point you will be ambushed by two Falmer and a Falmer Gloomlurker - due to the cramped tunnel, this can be quite tricky if taken by surprise.
Halfway down the tunnel is a Moonstone ore vein.
At the end of the tunnel is a Falmer chest, and a large body of water.
In the depths of this pool, to the left of the stone pillar supporting the bridge as you enter is a Dwemer chest, with an expert lock. Finding it may require water breathing spells or potions or the Volsung Mask, as water visibility is low. The chest contains Steel Armor of Restoration and a sapphire among other non-enchanted items.
Both the tunnel and pool area are prone to rockfalls, although the tunnel rockfall may be fairly harmless due to a bug where the rocks hover just above the tunnel floor, so hardly travel when the rockfall is triggered. The pool rockfall may cover the Dwemer chest.
- Moonstone Ore Vein x 3
- Finn's Lute
- Stone of Barenziah
- Mystery of Talara, Book IV
- Treasure Map X
- Shahvee's Amulet of Zenithar (Random 1 out of 4 caves)
- No Stone Unturned
- Kill an ex-crew member of Kjar in the quest Harsh Master
- Miscellaneous quest to return Queen Freydis's Sword to Oengul War-Anvil
- Find Finn's Lute
- Potential location for the miscellaneous quest to return Roggi's Ancestral Shield to Roggi Knot-Beard in Kynesgrove.
- Potential location for a miscellaneous quest to defeat a bandit leader for Brunwulf Free-Winter
- Possible location for Meridia's Beacon
- Possible location for the companions miscellaneous quest "Family Heirloom"
- Possible location for the quest Shahvee's Amulet (Argonian Marriage option)
- Possible location for quest Ancient Technology.DG
- Possible Location for The Forgemaster's Fingers (miscellaneous quest) required to become Orc blood-kin (if not already and orc by race selection)
- Possible location for schematics in Ancient Technology
- Possible location for Shalidor's writings in quest Shalidor's Insight.
- Possible location for miscellaneous quest "Retrieve the Moon Amulet" for the Khajiit Kharjo ( guard of Zaynabi the trader who can be found near Riften Stables ).
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)