|Spells/Abilities||Shock Bolt |
|Soul Size||Greater (1200)|
The Storm Atronach is the lightning version of the Atronach species of Daedra. Made of stone, and kept together with magic, these large creatures are the most powerful of all the atronachs, having the most powerful close range attacks and the longest reach. They can throw a right jab once per second and can gather up the whirling stones surrounding them and swing/fling them a short distance at a foe who is just out of reach.
They move by entering a "stone tornado" vortex-like state and are extremely hard to hit with regular melee during this period. They can cast shock based spells, like a quick bolt of lightning, or a powerful storm blast that radiates from its body, electrocuting anyone nearby. However they sometimes prefer to crush their foe with a simple but powerful punch.
Melee fighters beware: Storm Atronachs also seem to reflect damage back at the attacker (although this is not true with spells or ranged attacks, like bows and arrows). It is likely this indicates the presence of a Shock Shield on the Atronach.
They can be found in the Deadlands, Mehrunes Dagon's Plane of Oblivion and in other Planes, they can also be summoned. On Tamriel they are typically encountered near Oblivion gates or guarding the caves and tunnels occupied by Daedra cultists. It is said there are powerful Conjurers who can summon them, but that is rare. Summoned Storm Atronachs are brutally efficient against most Daedra, who are both vulnerable to electricity and tend to use it as a weapon themselves. In addition, the paralysis inflicted by Spiderling venom cannot affect their stony physiques.
- Immune to Paralysis
- Immune to Poison
- Immune to Shock
- Shock Shield
- High rate of attack both in melee and at range
- Large, helping them hold ground
- Shock magic
- Can be summoned as an ally/minion using the adept-level Conjuration spell Summon Storm Atronach. They can also be summoned from the Atronach Altar in Frostcrag Spire for three Void Salts.
- The Storm Atronach's face in Skyrim appears similar to the giant stone heads seen in the ancient Nord ruins.
- Seems to be weak to frost/ice attack (tested at level 18 with a frost staff; more testing required for verification).
- Due to their large size they will commonly get stuck in caves or doorways. This can be an advantage when fighting these atronachs